Social Euthanasia Now Available for Drug Addiction in Canada

- I'm in favor of euthanasia in terminal cases. But this is too extreme for me.

It's a tricky one for me. If I was a hardcore drug addict and knew I had no chance of getting clean, and my life would just become worse and worse and my behaviour would end up impacting others....

I never understood opposition to MAID. I get the slippery slope arguments, but they’re pretty weak and far fetched, and not compelling enough to warrant banning MAID across the board.

Yeah nothing has happened in the last ten years to justify people's concerns about government and 'slippery slopes.'

Uhi.gif

The amount of people who have defeated the evils of addiction and went on to live incredible lives makes makes this so absoloitly insane its not even funny.

can they at least die OD’ing on their drug of choice?

I think MAID is simply for getting rid of old people who use tax dollars on medical care and social programs.
Old, mentally and physically infirmed and any other people the government finds to be undesirable.

It's a tricky one for me. If I was a hardcore drug addict and knew I had no chance of getting clean, and my life would just become worse and worse and my behaviour would end up impacting others....

I can assure you that you always have a chance to get clean sir.
Its up to you to turn ahit around.

I have been clean for 16 years now and was a mess for 15 straight years before that.
I quit on my own...anyone can do it.

This euthanasia thing is fuckin disgusting.

Back