Etihad Stadium is Huge.

cheese32165

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I 've just turned over to a AFL replay between Hawthorns and Port Adelaide (Have no idea whats going on but its more fun to watch than NFL) and the pitch is huge. If the UFC sell out this venue then its going to make UFC 129 look like a TUF finale at the Palms.

I'm gonna be really curious to see how the UFC plans on selling that many tickets to this event.

It was GSP that helped sell out UFC 129. What will be the GSP type draw to this event in Australia?

The Rogers Skydome in Toronto is huge too.

Toronto Skydome has a 54,000 capacity but they've fit 68,237 fans in it.
Etihad Stadium has a 56,000 capacity. Not sure what the record is.

I guarantee you it will sell out. It's not about the names on the card it's more about the love of the sport. The first time it came to Sydney, event sold out in 17 minutes for 110. 127 was 10 minutes. Also, for so long the government had banned fighting in a cage as it "promoted street violence" so it's a long time coming.

The record is about 60+ for a Jehovas Witness event that was a few months ago.

And Yes I am from Melbourne.

I guarantee you it will sell out. It's not about the names on the card it's more about the love of the sport. The first time it came to Sydney, event sold out in 17 minutes for 110. 127 was 10 minutes. Also, for so long the government had banned fighting in a cage as it "promoted street violence" so it's a long time coming.

The record is about 60+ for a Jehovas Witness event that was a few months ago.

And Yes I am from Melbourne.

Good thing the UFC and Jehovah's witnesses are neck and neck

Are they going to stack the card to try for a sell out or gamble that Hunt will sell it out?

It's always empty

Its mostly grass.

11274146.jpg

I guarantee you it will sell out. It's not about the names on the card it's more about the love of the sport. The first time it came to Sydney, event sold out in 17 minutes for 110. 127 was 10 minutes. Al

This

I went to UFC 110. If you did not have a UFC fight club membership you were not getting tickets as it sold out in the first 20min of the early release of tickets. The general public did not even get a sniff at the tickets.

It smashed a few records at the time
Fastest selling event. Biggest crowd at ACER arena in history, Most sold merchandise at Acer arena.
Was a solid card but no title fights.

Etihad stadium will be packed. The novelty of going to live UFC event in Australia is very real.
It's not like in the states where you can just convinice yourself you will go to the next one in a month or 2.

The event has the WW title on the line, with Mark Hunt in the co-main and some other local fighters to cheer for.

Also lets be honest, what Aussie does not want to see Bisping get KTFO?

This event will have 50 thousand attendance IMO.

I don't think either of them are big draws.

ufc 127 HAD 18,000 packed arena, which sold out in under 20 min and had Fucking Fitch in the Main event with an "ok to decent" undercard.

18411277.jpg

Now there is going to be either a lot of people standing or a lot of ground level seating. Either way it looks like a logistical nightmare. And pity the people in the nose bleed seats you'll be watching the titantron all event.

Back