Etihad Stadium is Huge.

It will sell out. The MCG gets close to capacity every grand final, the ufc is unique because it doesn't matter if they like soccer footy or rugby people will go just for the novelty of seeing a ufc event.

18411277.jpg

Now there is going to be either a lot of people standing or a lot of ground level seating. Either way it looks like a logistical nightmare. And pity the people in the nose bleed seats you'll be watching the titantron all event.

They can move the stadium seats inwards 18 meters it won't be that severe.

They can move the stadium seats inwards 18 meters it won't be that severe.

Aye, still a logistical nightmare. Im assuming they will put those floorboards down, just so the grass doesnt get ruined. Also i found this amusing.

Largest attendance
Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom - 2014 International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses
19 October 2014
70,059 people

I don't think either of them are big draws.

Well we are going to find out what kind of effect 189 had for Lawler.

If you don't think people are going to want to watch him fight after his last one, you have lost your damn mind.

One of the best fights i've ever seen with an amazing post fight speech. I'm not saying he alone could sell a million ppv's, but i wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a similar audience that tunes in for that melbourne card.

It'll sell out but I don't think fan enjoyment will be high.
I imagine there will be a lot of upset patrons in the nosebleeds.

And its not like us Australians are particularly good at getting a good chant going, like the English, to keep us amused.

ufc 127 HAD 18,000 packed arena, which sold out in under 20 min and had Fucking Fitch in the Main event with an "ok to decent" undercard.

It's hard for some to fathom a world outside North America.

we'll just get pissed as a maggot and start a blue

I'm gonna be really curious to see how the UFC plans on selling that many tickets to this event.

It was GSP that helped sell out UFC 129. What will be the GSP type draw to this event in Australia?

It's Melbourne, mate. They don't need a GSP, the locals will turn out for any sporting spectacle.

I watched this gif 3 times and still have no idea what I'm watching there

haha. Aussie Rules can be confusing, but the gif doesn't show much either... the Player with the ball (Chad Wingard) was trying to slow down after just taking possession of the football. He was running full pace and the chasing player (Hodge) 'subtly' (or not so subtly) bumped/elbowed Wingard, kind of 'helping' him smash into the point post (which is the big white stick Wingard ran into).

There are 4 posts at each ends of the ground which is the scoring area (like a target to kick the ball through)

See it full pace

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ew-panel-penalty/story-e6frf3e3-1227493842676

18411277.jpg

Now there is going to be either a lot of people standing or a lot of ground level seating. Either way it looks like a logistical nightmare. And pity the people in the nose bleed seats you'll be watching the titantron all event.

Damn, they need to get some better TVs. Here is Autzen Stadium, about the same capacity as Ethihad.

SP_16894097.JPG

and let's not forget this:

dallas.jpg

Damn, they need to get some better TVs. Here is Autzen Stadium, about the same capacity as Ethihad.

SP_16894097.JPG

and let's not forget this:

dallas.jpg

See in Australia we go to the sport to watch it live unlike the Americans who seem to go for the half time shows.

This

I went to UFC 110. If you did not have a UFC fight club membership you were not getting tickets as it sold out in the first 20min of the early release of tickets. The general public did not even get a sniff at the tickets.

It smashed a few records at the time
Fastest selling event. Biggest crowd at ACER arena in history, Most sold merchandise at Acer arena.
Was a solid card but no title fights.

Etihad stadium will be packed. The novelty of going to live UFC event in Australia is very real.
It's not like in the states where you can just convinice yourself you will go to the next one in a month or 2.

The event has the WW title on the line, with Mark Hunt in the co-main and some other local fighters to cheer for.

Also lets be honest, what Aussie does not want to see Bisping get KTFO?

This event will have 50 thousand attendance IMO.

Good points. I agree! This event will sell out.

Back