Eternal Life - We will be one of the last generations to miss out

living forever in this physical realm of existence with all the shit that currently goes on, on this earth?

nah, im good thanks.
especially with genetic modification, you can have that. im good.

When it costs a few bucks, why would you let your labour force get old?

i doubt this technology would cost a few bucks and the job market would be very hostile if this were to happen. as technology continues to progress, things become automated and require less people. sure, boomers would have younger bodies but would have to evolve with the demands of the workforce. i'd imagine them either keeping up with technology, which competes with the next generation trying to get into the workforce, or them doing lower skilled jobs, which also compete with the next generation trying to get a job.

doctors, engineers, and scientist would be able to progress and make breakthroughs in their respective fields, but the average person will stay average or stagnate.

what would be funny is that people serving multiple life sentences will be forced to live out their sentences. 3 life sentences for murders? lets just add 250 years so you can rot in prison

if they can slow down aging to where you’re in your 20’s into your 40’s I would love it.

Yeah but I'm already 41 with the associated wear and tear from decades of training. Not as appealing a proposition when your body is already kind of fucked up. Maybe if they could fix all those little things.

That is simply not true... aging is a process that is biologically reversible we just need to figure out the mechanisms.

Personally I think there's a good chance that aging will be solved in the next 30 years, especially with the help of AI. So we all may still live forever.

Yep, just like we cured cancer, the common cold and the commie cough with ease... we'll see.

I'll file this under: I'll believe it when I see it.

In 100 years I don't see how it's so unrealistic, considering how relatively new genetic science is and what's already been achieved..

I'm not saying that we will or won't, just that a bunch of things that we had always assumed that science would have sorted long before now are still an issue.

"living" "forever" will happen soon but it won't be how we think. It will be within a computer...

Although technically people may not live forever, with gene modification they should be able to control human aging genes significantly enough that people can live indefinitely..or at least for a very long time. This could come as early as the end of the century.. some scientists are saying that cell rejuvenation therapy
could be available in as little as 25 years.. or that people's brains could be plugged into computers and our minds could be downloaded into a computer.. etc

Wishful thinking, imo. We've still got our hands full trying to maximize our natural biological lifespans, around 115 years or so. Extending a human's biological lifespan at all has never even been done. Is it even possible? Transferring consciousness has never been done. Is it even possible? Time will tell, but if you think it's happening in 25 years prepare to be disappointed.

80 years sound already a fucking long ass period to me, specially with all the stuff i will have to adapt/accept

At 37 i'm already annoyed by 2021 bullshit

Eternal life? No thanks

Maybe in a thousand years, not hundreds. I am interested to see where we end up, but nothing will happen with space traversal in the next few hundred years.

Nope. At least 2 people have just ascended into heaven and not died.
Judgement does not come until after the two witnesses have been slain by the beast and are then resurrected after three and a half days.

I don't believe anybody that says they'd rather die than live forever but then I remember not everyone lives in the good ol' USA.

As for me, give me that eternity deal plz.

"living" "forever" will happen soon but it won't be how we think. It will be within a computer...
I’m down. I just hope I’ve got enough ram.

Wouldn’t it be badass if they could put you into a robot body? I hope I get a bending unit!

Judgement does not come until after the two witnesses have been slain by the beast and are then resurrected after three and a half days.

I always figured that from the soul awaiting judgements point of view there would be no wait.

I have no doubt they will be able to do that in the future. Whether that's 30 years from now or 200 years from now doesn't matter. We still just missed it relatively speaking and it's devastating. 1000 years would be phenomenal...there's so much to learn and do.

I would like to see emperors rise and serve him as rogue trader

I always figured that from the soul awaiting judgements point of view there would be no wait.

From what I gather everyone sleeps until judgement. With the exceptions being the first fruits which were the saints that rose with Christ. Enoch and Elijah didn't die but if they are the 2 witnesses then they will die and be resurrected.

Back