Eternal Life - We will be one of the last generations to miss out

This is a big thing to miss out on.. the chance to live forever, travel galaxies, have dozens of careers, wives, multiple lives and personal eras over hundreds of years. It might sound like hell to some, but you have to admit, it's pretty epic..

Although technically people may not live forever, with gene modification they should be able to control human aging genes significantly enough that people can live indefinitely..or at least for a very long time. This could come as early as the end of the century.. some scientists are saying that cell rejuvenation therapy
could be available in as little as 25 years.. or that people's brains could be plugged into computers and our minds could be downloaded into a computer.. etc

Most people I've talked to about this have said they wouldn't want to do this.. but I would definitely be open to trying something like this.. someone could stave off death, and later be able to graduate to better forms of immortality.. if you wanted to die, it could be arranged..

It’s possible. Will probably only be rich folk though.
I do think we are close to forever life.

This is a big thing to miss out on.. the chance to live forever, travel galaxies, have dozens of careers, wives, multiple lives and personal eras over hundreds of years. It might sound like hell to some, but you have to admit, it's pretty epic..

Although technically people may not live forever, with gene modification they should be able to control human aging genes significantly enough that people can live indefinitely..or at least for a very long time. This could come as early as the end of the century.. some scientists are saying that cell rejuvenation therapy
could be available in as little as 25 years.. or that people's brains could be plugged into computers and our minds could be downloaded into a computer.. etc

Most people I've talked to about this have said they wouldn't want to do this.. but I would definitely be open to trying something like this.. someone could stave off death, and later be able to graduate to better forms of immortality.. if you wanted to die, it could be arranged..

On the bright side, it means this generation doesn't have to feel any guilt about raping, pillaging and burning the planet's biosphere and leaving a barren, irradiated Hell-scape for all the immortal bastards to deal with.;)

I'll do it if my love ones can do it also. Otherwise it'll be too devastating to live on forever.

"Growing old and dying is what gives meaning and beauty to the fleeting span of a human life. It's precisely because we age and die that our lives have value and nobility. Strength is not a word that means much in regard to the flesh."

Back