ESPN UFC Awards 2012

As far as KZ vs Dustin being FOTY, I disagree. It wasnt competive enough. Varner/Lauzon and Silva/Fitch were both way more entertaining and competive. As for sub of the year.. Lauzons out of no where triangle or Oliveras calf slicer takes it for me.

Agree with everything except champion in waiting, I'd give to Mayday, then Weidman then Rory.

Zombie/poirer was foty and I agree with erick silva, I still think he has more potential than rory and thank god they didn't give Ronda soty

lol @ people getting worked up because of an opinion.

Open a thread and make yours, it's the same weight.

ESPN represents the casual fan. Everyone worth a penny knows Zombie vs Porier was three times the fight GSP/Condit was...but they gotta cater to the casuals

lol, GSP vs Condit as FOTY.

I disagree like most of you, obviously KZ vs Poirier was better, so was Lauzon vs Varner.

not even an honourable mention for Craig vs Natal as comeback of the year?

Diaz vs Condit an upset?? and Jones submitting Belfort champagne moment? THESE AWARDS ARE SHIT

Craig vs Natal was on the facebook prelims wasn't it? I watched it and it was an amazing fight, but hell 90% of Sherdog didn't watch it, can't expect ESPN to even know it exisited

what has weidman done to deserve such a label? i really don't get it. because he beat mark munoz who was over rated to begin with? give me a break. spider would destroy him.
Unlike MacDonald or even Silva, Munoz has actually beaten top 10 competition and even his other UFC wins are arguably better (especially with respect to the division) than either of the two. So it's a bit strange to single him out given what you quoted. Weidman dominating him as he did would speak more to Weidman's abilities than Munoz and probably make him the most valid choice for the "Champion-in-Waiting" Award. Only other person I might put there is Michael McDonald.

Eric silva over hendricks and rory? Wtf and I wouldn't put benson fighter of the year.

As far as KZ vs Dustin being FOTY, I disagree. It wasnt competive enough. Varner/Lauzon and Silva/Fitch were both way more entertaining and competive. As for sub of the year.. Lauzons out of no where triangle or Oliveras calf slicer takes it for me.

kz-poirier fight was plenty competitive. you didnt think poirier defending and surviving kz's submission attempts that came in bunches?
then, when kz looked gassed in the third and started eating good shots in the face, many thought he was going to lose this fight.
both fighters were tested in many different areas and passed in this fight.
this fight simply delivered pretty much everything.

Without even reading, i can guarantee that i disagree with all of it.

Also, without reading the post above mine, you're 100% wrong and an idiot.

Craig vs Natal was on the facebook prelims wasn't it? I watched it and it was an amazing fight, but hell 90% of Sherdog didn't watch it, can't expect ESPN to even know it exisited

yup, sad but true

Fighter - Bendo
Fight - KZ vs Porier BUT I'm ok with GSP vs Condit
KO - Barboza
Sub - KZ
Event - FOX 4 HM: 153

kz-poirier fight was plenty competitive. you didnt think poirier defending and surviving kz's submission attempts that came in bunches?
then, when kz looked gassed in the third and started eating good shots in the face, many thought he was going to lose this fight.
both fighters were tested in many different areas and passed in this fight.
this fight simply delivered pretty much everything.

I sad wasnt competitive enough. Last I saw Zombie was just beating him up while Dustin was surviving. Ill rewatch the fight.. Maybe I just cant remember it well enough.

Weidman has a much better shot at beating Silva than either E. Silva or Rory have of beating GSP. Believe that.

silva nut huggers think he's invincible. the 5.5 rounds that chael beat silva down are inconsequential and irrelevant, despite the fact that weidman has more power and better grappling than sonnen :icon_conf

No way was GSP vs Condit FOTY it was a good fight but not better than KZ vs Poirier was much better and there were better other better fights than GSP vs Condit in 2012

I don't agree with all of the winners but overall pretty solid awards.

Back