ESPN UFC Awards 2012

Disagree with GSP/Condit getting FOTY, it was good but not that good imo.

Varner vs Barboza wasn't that big of an upset either imo.

GSP v. Condit wasn't a war at all. Decent fight but nothing close to a war.

156649569.jpg

119_georges_st-pierre_vs_carlos_condit_gallery_post.0_standard_352.0.jpg

141_georges_st-pierre.0_standard_352.0.jpg

.... yeah, whatever was I thinking :rolleyes:

All this backstory stuff is nonsense. That's all Zuffa hype, all that WWE hype drama crap should not be considered when trying to decide the FOTY

I disagree, it adds to the spectacle ... because there is more on the line.

I mean, two average Joes could have a FOTY scrap in a parking lot, but no-one gives a shit ...

GSP v Condit had everything and is worthy of FOTY. The fans and the atmosphere was electric, GSP almost getting finished and battling back was just awesome and I was on the edge of my seat the whole fight.

So, is this the official fight of the year then???

I disagree, it adds to the spectacle ... because there is more on the line.

I mean, two average Joes could have a FOTY scrap in a parking lot, but no-one gives a shit ...

GSP v Condit had everything and is worthy of FOTY.

Condit GSP was a good fight, the most interesting fight we've seen from GSP in a while and yes both looked worse for wear afterwards. But in terms of a pue exciting fighting spectacle KZ and Dustin trumped it in my opinion.

so how do they come up with those awards? votes or just a couple of people from espn sit around and decide?

so how do they come up with those awards? votes or just a couple of people from espn sit around and decide?

I tried to look into this and I cant see any evidence that they had a list of nominations to vote for, so I assume just picked by some suits lol. Looks like they did it by vote for 2011 though. Weird.

No clear cut fighter of the year. They gave it to Benson but I felt he got a gift against the much smaller Edgar so I don't really like this pick.

Fight of the year for me was Lauzon/Varner by far. It was evenly matched, fought at a high pace, and had all aspects.

Comeback of the year is a good choice.

Sub of the year is a good choice. No one pulled off a real spectacular or rare one this year though.

KO of the year is definitely the right choice.

Champion in waiting = no. If Silva can't beat Fitch he has no shot to ever win the belt. Rory MacDonald is my choice for this.

Controversy of the year is a good choice.

Champagne moment is a good choice.

No big upsets this year so I'll agree with their choice.

I tried to look into this and I cant see any evidence that they had a list of nominations to vote for, so I assume just picked by some suits lol. Looks like they did it by vote for 2011 though. Weird.

its not that bad but surely there should be some more input than a few people or
who knows could be one person.
BDfJE.gif
:eek:

Back