• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored ESPN: McGregor returning in July to face Nate Diaz for trilogy

Do you think McGregor will face Diaz in July?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Huh? Olivera is a much easier fight for Conor than Diaz. Olivera is as chinny as it gets, and Conor has a pretty good shot at just knocking him out cold in a minute.
Just like Dustin and chandler, who both have way more power than conor does? Man your delusion is strong

Lame but a good way to get back in the W column

But I got a feeling Nate pulls it off in the first 2 rounds somehow and it goes down as Conors last fight of his career.

both their careers or has nate resigned?

be a good fight to end both

Smart. They know they can't wait too long since Nate wants to fight out his contract. That's what forced the issue with this fight. Plus they feel Conor can win again and bring hype back for his next fight. But a loss to Nate here will be bad for Conor's hype/draw/career. That will be 3 losses back to back.

Leaves Dustin to fight Colby or Islam, oof. He better start calling out RDA, that's a more winnable fight.

he got finished in the first fight and squeaked by a majority decision (not unanimous, not even split, majority!). there is no need for a trilogy. Nate is a better fighter.

Honestly makes sense to me. Both Conor and Nate should be nowhere near a top 3 atm. Let them fight eachother for a huge payday while theres still interest in the trilogy.
Winner gets a nice dub on his record and can move onto challenging for a contender fight

Conor taking on Oliveira, Gaethje, Islam just doesnt make any sense after all that inactivity, lack of LW wins, and the shellacking he took from Poirier.

Last edited:
This isn't a bad time for the last Nate fight. It's a big fight and they're not contending in reality. And a winnable fight for both.

Other option is to do it as a career ender. Last fight for both, in some years. End it with a war. But the quality of the fight is better, at least skill wise, if done when younger.

Either way it's way better than Conor jumping the LW line for a TS. For a title shot you need to be at your best, on a win streak, be in peak form. Islam is that. Conor is coming off the leg break...the leg kick gameplan can be tough here, so I got Nate.

Before opening thread and seeing the poll: well this sure makes a lot of sense lets vote yes.

Then further: Chael Sonnen claims...
Me: well thats a no then.

True. Sonnen isn't a reliable source. He's a habitual liar, lol

I imagine his cardio has gotten worse over the years of half assed training and injury. Nate is too much hard work for him

meh

would rather see something else
same old trash talking
funnily enough i missed the 2 original fights
no interest in them at all

nate is mediocre and conor is full of excuses

Look how static Conor was vs Porier, especially compared to his earlier 145 run and all that.
I can't imagine Conor not trotting like a huge elephant, seeing how he looks like now :D

This is absolutely nonsense. They wanted Diaz to fight Chimaev to let him leave the UFC with a loss and build a name for Chimaev. They wanted to take advantage of him. Now suddenly they want to give him Conrat and reward him? That's not going to happen if Diaz doesn't sign a new contract. This will only happen with a new contract.
The chances that Diaz beats Conrat are huge. Conrat couldn't even finish him in his prime. He is now slower, weaker and has glass jaw and legs.
Diaz will beat Conrat. Diaz is out of his contract and the UFC is stuck with a glass jaw rat. This would be terrible for the UFC.
Diaz walks away with all hype and the UFC is stuck with a glass jaw rat with one fight on his contract.

Champ champ is gonna chop down the tree times my size Nate diaz and then gunning for dooostin. Champ champ champ 2022

I don´t get it. Two semiretired, over the cliff fighters, fighting for the FUCKING THIRD TIME?
Conor was stopped in three of his last four fights, and Nate's last win was in 2019, and it was against semiretired Pettis.
What the fucking fuck? Who could be enthusiastic about it? Who wants to pay for that shit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back