Rumored ESPN: McGregor returning in July to face Nate Diaz for trilogy

Do you think McGregor will face Diaz in July?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah dunno about 2 million, maybe 1.5 again.
If it does happen in July they'll save Usman/Leon 2 for August, guessing Izzy will want to fight Cannonier around August too and the rematch between Nunes and Pena since TUF ends around then.
278 would look like this if all the stars aligned:

Izzy/Cannonier
Usman/Edwards 2
Nunes/Pena 2

Sonnen is not a great source. Dana says Conor is coming back in the fall which is more realistic.

Conor arguably lost to Nate twice in a row at his peak.

Nate tires him out and finishes him in the second round if true.

M7A3viR.gif

Last edited:
I just heard Colby say this too. Maybe it is strong insider murmurs going on.

I think Conor wants a title shot I dont think the timing is right for his next fight to be Diaz

EDIT: Unless the fight is done at 155, which they can both make but both of their fights have been at 170 and I feel like the trilogy won't be an exception

Makes sense seeing that Diaz has been reluctant to commit to the Poirier fight.

I think Conor wants a title shot I dont think the timing is right for his next fight to be Diaz

EDIT: Unless the fight is done at 155, which they can both make but both of their fights have been at 170 and I feel like the trilogy won't be an exception
UFC possibly think Olivera finishes Conor easily.

Either way if they give him Nate or gift him a TS, they're protecting their cashcow.

I still favor Nate though.

There are no "safe" fights for Conor that are remotely credible.

Last edited:
Nate literally gives no shits about winning anymore, he'll sign to fight for the payday.

If Conor can't do the usual circling + leg kicking to get the win then that'll be sad.

Lame,but this current situation for Conor is the rainy day they been waiting to bring back Nate for.
Also if Nate is bolting after this next fight and UFC also thinks he wont resign then best to get as much money out of him as you can.

Back