Erick Silva vs Hyun Gyu Lim

I bet Erick doesnt mind fighting another Korean to avenge his loss to dong. And Lim probably wants a piece of Ericks name too. MAKE IT HAPPEN JOE

DHK also dropped him with a jab in that fight, but Anik and Kenflo over there brushed it off as a slip.

Bottom line is HGL would have no issues knocking out Silva if he can land. Can he land? That's a different story. Personally, I 100% think so. Silva has pretty bad striking defense.

... jab?
You are korean - we get it.

I don't recall Erick being dropped by a jab. Gif?

2:48 of Rd. 1 I'm guessing is what "Seoul" is referring to. I gotta disagree though. It's not so much a jab as a body push with his hand happening to extend out. It's not a slip either. It's just a stretched out arm that made incredibly minimal contact, then Kim pushed off of his leg to force his body to Push Erick off balance.

Honestly, I'd categorize it more as a TD than a strike.

Silva needs some building up, I'm convinced he's not entering the top 10 but he can be a 'must watch' fighter.

Thats not going to happen without a few semi-favourable matchups.

Silva needs some building up, I'm convinced he's not entering the top 10 but he can be a 'must watch' fighter.

Thats not going to happen without a few semi-favourable matchups.

But wouldnt you wanna see this fight? it has Knock fest written all over it

But wouldnt you wanna see this fight? it has Knock fest written all over it

Yeah, it would be sweet and we have not seen much of Hyun but it looks like he is more than capable of taking the punishment Erick can dish out - vice versa, not so sure now.

Still Hyun is sloppier than Erick...

anyway, perhaps pair them up in a fight or two (assuming they win their next couple).

WW is fucking sweet.

I'm on my phone, so I can't find/post a gif, but 'Dudnaito' may be right.

I was swayed by a bunch of friends going crazy and at the time I thought he just dropped him with a jab. I haven't seen it since, so IDK.

Yeah, it would be sweet and we have not seen much of Hyun but it looks like he is more than capable of taking the punishment Erick can dish out - vice versa, not so sure now.

Still Hyun is sloppier than Erick...

anyway, perhaps pair them up in a fight or two (assuming they win their next couple).

WW is fucking sweet.

ya i agree erick is faster and more technical while Lim prob has more natural power in his knee and punch and better chin. Sick fight on paper

Really wanna see this fight now.

Silva, Thatch and Lim all need to fight for entertainment's sake.

That's a great match-up, but I'd rather see Silva vs. Siyar. They're both coming off losses (both to DHK, actually), so that makes more sense to me.

Edit: Just seen Siyar has Howard next. I'd still love to see him against Silva, though.

Last edited:
Silva gets KO once in his career by a monster overhand and now he has a glass jaw?

Comeon...

The punch wasnt that hard. Stungun was gassed and breathing with his mouth open when he threw it.

The way Silva folded from such a weak punch makes me wonder. Maybe Silva was exhausted too I dont know.

I coudl be wrong, but I think Silva will forever have a glassjaw now. U dont recover fromt those kind of KOs 100%

He will doubt himself now.

The punch wasnt that hard. Stungun was gassed and breathing with his mouth open when he threw it.

The way Silva folded from such a weak punch makes me wonder. Maybe Silva was exhausted too I dont know.

I coudl be wrong, but I think Silva will forever have a glassjaw now. U dont recover fromt those kind of KOs 100%

so many wrongs in one post... but one thing i wanna point out is that KZ got KOed badly and came back even better so im not worried about silva at all

If you got hit with that Dong punch, your head would have popped off.

Back