Erick Silva vs Hyun Gyu Lim

rl4090526

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Make it happen Joe Silva. This fight makes sense on so many levels. They both love to strike and both are brawlers who dont give a fuck. This fight is definitelt a one rounder.

thoughts?

Interesting fight, but gyu would destroy Erik....I'd love to see it, but ufc should give the guy a break

Interesting fight, but gyu would destroy Erik....I'd love to see it, but ufc should give the guy a break

i think you are underestimating erick. he is faster than lim imo and would give problems to lim

i think you are underestimating erick. he is faster than lim imo and would give problems to lim

I think you are overestimating Erik. He has bad striking defense and a suspect chin. Lim has ridiculous power and will most certainly land with Erik's sloppy striking defense.

Nighty night, Erik.

HGL has more power in his left hand than Dongs. Plus, he's taller, faster, stronger and longer. He's got vicious knees and a very strong chin. He's a beast compare to DHK, and the question isn't if Lim can take a punch/knee from Silva, but rather can Silva take a punch/knee from Lim...

I think you are overestimating Erik. He has bad striking defense and a suspect chin. Lim has ridiculous power and will most certainly land with Erik's sloppy striking defense.

Nighty night, Erik.

Lim def has a better chin but he does get tagged in most of his fights and thats not good against Erick who is wild but powerful with his punches.

HGL has more power in his left hand than Dongs. Plus, he's taller, faster, stronger and longer. He's got vicious knees and a very strong chin. He's a beast compare to DHK, and the question isn't if Lim can take a punch/knee from Silva, but rather can Silva take a punch/knee from Lim...

imo kraus punch power isnt the same as ericks punch power and lim did get tagged against kraus so im iffy on that

imo kraus punch power isnt the same as ericks punch power and lim did get tagged against kraus so im iffy on that

I agree, but if there's anything I've learned, is that most Koreans in the UFC, if not all, have great chins...

I agree, but if there's anything I've learned, is that most Koreans in the UFC, if not all, have great chins...

the fact that both of these guys are wild brawlers is what makes this fight interesting for me. I really wanna see this one. I agree Lim does have a chin on him

I like this fight for HGL to get recognized. Silva isn't really a name but the casual fan will think he's the GOAT with Anik announcing.

Chances of this fight not happening in Brazil: 0

the fact that both of these guys are wild brawlers is what makes this fight interesting for me. I really wanna see this one. I agree Lim does have a chin on him

Totally. It's got FOTN or KOTN written all over it.

Wonder if Silvas next fight will be in Brazil again.. Like to see him stateside

Nighty night, Erik.

Suspect chin? Getting knocked out once in his career by a gigantic, flush punch means you have a suspect chin?

Come on now.

Suspect chin? Getting knocked out once in his career by a gigantic, flush punch means you have a suspect chin?

Come on now.

Agreed, but have you seen Lim? (rhetorical question) The guy's a mountain. Maybe biggest WW I've ever seen. He does get hit quite a bit, but he's shown that he can take quite a bit to boot. I really don't think this is a great matchup for Erick.

Both fighters have a certain recklessness that (will) land them on a one way train to KTFOville. Erick already punched his ticket and Lim will be joining him at some point, depending on the whether the UFC gives him prospect matchmaking or not.

Come on now.

DHK also dropped him with a jab in that fight, but Anik and Kenflo over there brushed it off as a slip.

Bottom line is HGL would have no issues knocking out Silva if he can land. Can he land? That's a different story. Personally, I 100% think so. Silva has pretty bad striking defense.

Agreed, but have you seen Lim? (rhetorical question) The guy's a mountain. Maybe biggest WW I've ever seen. He does get hit quite a bit, but he's shown that he can take quite a bit to boot. I really don't think this is a great matchup for Erick.

No doubt it would be a tough fight for Silva. His defense is definitely lacking and his drunken style stance is really doing him no favours.

Both fighters have a certain recklessness that (will) land them on a one way train to KTFOville. Erick already punched his ticket and Lim will be joining him at some point, depending on the whether the UFC gives him prospect matchmaking or not.

knock out fest in this fight for sure

DHK also dropped him with a jab in that fight, but Anik and Kenflo over there brushed it off as a slip.

Bottom line is HGL would have no issues knocking out Silva if he can land. Can he land? That's a different story. Personally, I 100% think so. Silva has pretty bad striking defense.

I don't recall Erick being dropped by a jab. Gif?

Back