Erick Silva vs Hyun Gyu Lim

Gyu Lim wins by ko,

Lim would seriously hurt Erick

Is Amir even still fighting? His fights leave 0 impression on me win or lose...

He's been out with injuries I think. He pulled out of a fight in April and has been MIA ever since.

I agree with the zero impressions left. Amir is a very forgettable fighter and person in general. The UFC gave him a lot of spotlight and not much came out of it.

He was used to make Dan Hardy look good and return to form, but I think he would have a competitive fight with Erick if Erick doesnt knock him out in quick fashion. Amir survived Hendricks' cinderblocks without going completely out so I think he could give Silva some fits. It will either be a good fight to return Silva to form or a war to see who is on their last leg in the company.

wouldn't mind seeing this fight....hell I just wanna see HGL fight again asap

One vicious Korean....hell I'm excited to see DHK fight again if he keeps fighting like he did against Silva

Last edited:
I'm more interested in Krauss vs. Silva. Limsanity made him do the stanky leg, I kind of see that happening with Erik

I think you are overestimating Erik. He has bad striking defense and a suspect chin. Lim has ridiculous power and will most certainly land with Erik's sloppy striking defense.

Nighty night, Erik.

How in any way does he have a suspect chin? Only loss by KO was Dong, and I've never seen him even rocked other than that shot, who would've KO'ed alot of guys. Also, you could say Lim has just as bad of striking defense. He stands in the pocket and trades and was getting tagged ALOT by Krause before the KO. Power, I'd say is even with the possibility of a slight advantage for Lim.

How in any way does he have a suspect chin? Only loss by KO was Dong, and I've never seen him even rocked other than that shot, who would've KO'ed alot of guys. Also, you could say Lim has just as bad of striking defense. He stands in the pocket and trades and was getting tagged ALOT by Krause before the KO. Power, I'd say is even with the possibility of a slight advantage for Lim.

When people get that brutally KO'd their chin usually isn't what it used to be. That, my dear friend, is why his chin is SUSPECT. If you want to get your panties in a bunch, go yell at the people saying he has a glass chin, not the ones saying he has a suspect chin.

And as for the striking defense line, here's this.

Lim has a much better chin than Silva, so both of them having bad striking defense is moot. Lim will land, Silva will land, the difference is only one of them will be going down.

And as for power, I believe Lim has way more power than Silva.

When people get that brutally KO'd their chin usually isn't what it used to be. That, my dear friend, is why his chin is SUSPECT. If you want to get your panties in a bunch, go yell at the people saying he has a glass chin, not the ones saying he has a suspect chin.

Being knocked out by a bomb that would KO anyone is no evidence of a suspect chin. Hunt got KO'ed by JDS. Does this mean he has a suspect chin? How about Big Country because of Arlovski? Being KO'ed once on a shot that could KO many people by no means warrants a "suspect chin".

Being knocked out by a bomb that would KO anyone is no evidence of a suspect chin. Hunt got KO'ed by JDS. Does this mean he has a suspect chin? How about Big Country because of Arlovski? Being KO'ed once on a shot that could KO many people by no means warrants a "suspect chin".

Do you know what the word 'usually' means? I didn't say all. Just how you gave examples of fighters who've been KO'd and still have awesome chins, I can go and give you examples of fighters who get KO'd and then their chin seems to deteriorate before our very eyes. No sense in arguing this way.

You don't need to agree, it's just my opinion.

Lim has terrible head movement and has a stiff striking defense.

It would be a case of who hits who first.

I'd take Lim over Silva though.

I like Silva in this fight, Lim is dangerous but unless he's really cleaned things up since his last fight his striking is full of holes to get countered by a fast, explosive striker like Erick.

Erick reminds me of Roger Huerta,,,, style and attitude, when he came running out in round 2 he looked like a pissed off Huerta.....UOOO

haha bunch of koreans predicting Lim to beat Silva. Nothing to see here. IMO Silva would be a huge favourite over Lim, and has larger skill set, striking and grappling.

And I was stoked to see Kim KO Silva too

this is why sherdog forums suck balls, look at this retarded as fuck post hahaha

Make it happen Joe Silva. This fight makes sense on so many levels. They both love to strike and both are brawlers who dont give a fuck. This fight is definitelt a one rounder.

thoughts?

I don't think Erick wants to get beat up by 2 Koreans in a roll.

this is why sherdog forums suck balls, look at this retarded as fuck post hahaha

ibr17NGR6W6kwH.gif

Back