Erick Silva vs Hyun Gyu Lim

^ if you were Erick Silva, you wouldn't be this fat.

Erick would obviously take Lim down and get this on the ground with his infinitely superior grappling skills.

Sherdoggers in their hate mode sometimes are just plain stupid.

You have never seen any of Lim's ground game... And yet you so boldly claim Erick is better. Also you just seem to assume Erick will take Lim down as if Erick has great takedowns or Lim has shogun level tdd. But hey thinking logically hurts your argument so you avoid that right?

You guys are sadist, give Eric a low level fighter to recover himself, this Korean dude is flying low and is a bad matchup for Eric.

imo its a good fight for Erick to get back on track. Since the consensus seems to be that Lim would destroy him because of his glass chin. Sherdog will jump right back on the train if he KOs or submits Lim.

Fair enough. If he can learn to fight smart he'll definitely become a better fighter. Not a Erick Silva hater, but I do doubt he'll ever be a world beater like some think he will. You've also got to remember that he's almost 30, he's not really a kid like a lot of people think he is.

Damn, good point.. looking at him you would not think he's as old as he is. Age is such a huge factor in this sport, as the other Silva has started show (I'm picking him in the rematch though).

This would be a risky fight for Silva. Lim has tremendous power, and Silva just got ktfo by dong.

Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that Erick Silva is back to the bottom of the totem poll. He's no longer a hyped prospect but he does have room for improvement, but we haven't seen much improvement at all with him thus far. He's just not savvy enough to hang with the grapplers nor does he have the conditioning to go a full 3 rounds, so lets not even talk about a 5 rounder with Erick in the same sentence.

He falls into obscurity like Siyar B. as an exciting striker, but doesn't quite have the whole package. They're a modern version of Chris Lytle today imo...

But since these 2 at one point were considered the hottest prospects coming from the W.W Division, not to mention they both last lost to DHK, why not make them fight to see who's worth keeping more...

Why would you compare these two? Silva has shown to be both an exciting striker and an exciting grappler. Siyar has shown next to no grappling ability. And to be fair, we've seen barely anything of his striking in the UFC either, other than a single perfectly landed punch.

I don't think not being quite as good at grappling as the best grinders in the sport makes one irrelevant. See Matt Brown, TJ Grant and Nate Diaz.

I think you are overestimating Erik. He has bad striking defense and a suspect chin. Lim has ridiculous power and will most certainly land with Erik's sloppy striking defense.

Nighty night, Erik.

How does he have a suspect chin? He got hit with a huge shot that he never saw coming. Unfortunately, fighters can't have chins made of granite, like yours.

could be bad for erick silva if this happens

Siyar's striking from what I saw is somewhat reminiscent of Jacare's stand up today... Too bad he hasn't been able to showcase that in the UFC yet, but dude's got accuracy, speed and power. A deadly combination for a striker...

Siyar has sub par wrestling. Sub par is putting it nicely. He isn't going anywhere aside from another org if he doesn't get his ground game together.

I think his striking is overrated as well. He has nice power and decent speed but we haven't seen what he can do with a legit striker in the UFC yet.

i think you are underestimating erick. he is faster than lim imo and would give problems to lim

He was faster than Dong too, look how that turned out.

Erick is extremely overrated on these boards and it's atrocious how he got hyped as a young future champion, he's 30 years old and 3-3 in the UFC.

Lim is on a 2 fight win streak, Erick is coming off a loss.

Fight makes no sense.

Erick Silva should be fighting someone like Mike Pierce (or anyone else not currently on a win streak)

Erick would tap HGL in the first, count on it.

Fight makes no sense.

Erick Silva should be fighting someone like Mike Pierce (or anyone else not currently on a win streak)

Give him Amir or someone in a similar situation. Pierce is legit but he could be out for a while. I think Pierce would maul Silva. Pierce makes everyone look like shit and arguably defeated Kos and Hendricks.

Hardy x Silva would be fun. Maybe Mike Swick.

Give him Amir or someone in a similar situation. Pierce is legit but he could be out for a while. I think Pierce would maul Silva. Pierce makes everyone look like shit and arguably defeated Kos and Hendricks.

Hardy x Silva would be fun. Maybe Mike Swick.

Is Amir even still fighting? His fights leave 0 impression on me win or lose...

Fight makes no sense.

erick is still the bigger name. erick and lim both prob wouldnt mind fighting eaxh other at this point

If DHK can pigeon wing erick, i dunno what HGL would do to him.

Honestly Erick Silva unloaded the kitchen sink on Dong but couldn't even drop him. Dong slipped on the elbow against the cage.

His power might be overrated.

Back