Erick Silva: "This fight made me realize I still don't belong in the top"

314178_10200320800720524_1999142845_n.jpg

Honorable mentions
Edson Barboza would not have been ko'ed by Cerrone if he didn't blink when he got hit.
JDS after the 2nd Cain fight had a divorce, had kidney problems,
Anderson only took 5 rounds to finish Sonnen because of his rib

What dumb examples. Anderson won, no excuse needed.

The Barboza situation is retarded. All of you keyboard coaches pointed out that he had his eyes closed and didn't see the punch coming. Once he says it, you all have your panties in a bunch over it. He even said mma is mma and he got caught because of his mistake, it's not like he's appealing it.

What dumb examples. Anderson won, no excuse needed.

The Barboza situation is retarded. All of you keyboard coaches pointed out that he had his eyes closed and didn't see the punch coming. Once he says it, you all have your panties in a bunch over it. He even said mma is mma and he got caught because of his mistake, it's not like he's appealing it.

Oooh where to begin...

1. Yes Sherdog is one mind where if 1 person says something, we all think the same way.:rolleyes:

2. Just because he says he got caught doesn't erase the fact that he is making excuses. If I didn't blink I wouldn't have been dropped. I just didn't see the punch. but w/e its mma. Do you not see how dumb that sounds?

3. The fact that Silva needed to justify why he didn't smoke Sonnen in the 1st round kinda proves my point that they make a lot of excuses. Kind of goes back to Bigfoot crying about his back to justify his "poor performance" (his words).

Young kid losing like this definitely needs to improve. It's good to see he realizes that and wants to move forward with his career.

Times like this we need an Anderson Silva soundbite, "Matt Brown, he da best"

Young kid losing like this definitely needs to improve. It's good to see he realizes that and wants to move forward with his career.

Young kid? He'll be 30 next month with 22 pro matches..

I'm afraid Erick will be forever a gatekeeper.

BnVEZqUIYAACreY.jpg

Is he really? I thought he was 26 tops.

Yea I'm afraid so, he has a baby face but he's not a kid. That's why I think he's reached his peak, he's a gate keeper at best. If he hasn't learned to pace himself and have a better fight iq this late in his career, I don't have much hope for him.

I'm afraid Erick will be forever a gatekeeper.

BnVEZqUIYAACreY.jpg

To be honest I was annoyed by the UFC in creating his Hypetrain, but when I saw the fight last night and him laid out like that, I had great pity for him. It wasn't his fault he bought into the Hypetrain, when the UFC had been spoon feeding him fighters

At least he's honest with himself.

He needs to learn how to pace himself and actually gameplan, or work with a mental coach and refine his mental game so he doesn't fizzle out so quickly.

Sadly, I think he'll be one of those 'what could have been' fighters when we look back. Vicious submission game, good striking with legitimate power, and a lot of heart. Too bad.

I like that he's not making excuses and admitting defeat. It's hard to say where his future is headed but I think he would benefit from changing camps and maybe some different coaching. He always seems to lack direction when he fights and who knows how good he could be with a more focused strategy.

I don't just give him hespect for admitting his shortcomings like a man--I give him respect.

Back