Erick Silva: "This fight made me realize I still don't belong in the top"

Winston Wolf

Problem solver
@red
Reaction score
Souce: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...-diz-meu-lugar-ainda-nao-e-entre-os-tops.html

Cliffs:

- Says he had an excellent camp;
- Says he doesn't understand why he gassed so bad, considering he felt prepared for a 5 round fight;
- Says Matt is one tough dude and gives him props;
- Says he has no place facing elite level guys for now, but won't give up just yet;
- Says he has no injuries and is feeling great;
- Says his game needs improvements and he's in talks to go train in the US (didn't reveal where exactly), but still as a Team Nogueira athlete.

I would translate the whole interview but I'm on my phone at LAX. Bye, 'Murica!

I'm not big on the guy but this is a very humble observation of the reality of his situation. Bravo Mr. Silva I wish you the best. Hopefully the UFC will stop trying to push him so hard.

Souce: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...-diz-meu-lugar-ainda-nao-e-entre-os-tops.html

Cliffs:

- Says he doesn't understand why he gassed so bad, considering he felt prepared for a 5 round fight;
- Says he has no place facing elite level guys for now, but won't give up just yet;
- Says his game needs improvements and he's in talks to go train in the US (didn't reveal where exactly), but still as a Team Nogueira athlete.

Brazilians making excuses again.....Oh wait.....

(funny how guys like Mir and Browne are full of excuses yet Brazilians are the ones that get shit for it)

Gotta give him respect for not making excuses.

I don't see excuses. Erick Silva can't be Brazilian... He will now be Eric Silver.

I wouldn't call Matt an elite fighter but great respect shown none of the less.

Brazilians making excuses again.....Oh wait.....

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Eric Silver in the US WW champ 2015!!! WAR MURICA!

I see nothing wrong with letting him wreck some lower tier fighters at WW. It's the most stacked division, I'm sure they can find an entertaining match up that's winnable with 91 fighters at WW.

Props to Silva. Hope he comes back strong (with cardio) and wrecks some guys

Cliffs:

This man is no true Brazilian. He just betrayed his entire country.

Glad to see Silva isn't making any excuses for his loss, now if only his nuthuggers would follow his example.

Guy's entertaining as hell so looking forward to him polishing his skills and improving.

That makes me a bigger fan of him. Humble and no excuses. Seems to be rare now days.

In the first round I was feeling great. I followed he plan, which was to use my kicks quite a bit. I managed to connect a very good one, we were training that technique a lot. It was an opening which I saw in him, and it did connect. He felt the effects of the kick a lot, so I tried to finish. Without a doubt he trained a lot of jiu jitsu, back control, defense. I attacked, but he defended well. I confess I really didn't understand what came after. I trained more than everybody. I tried a lot, I did everything I could in the gym to prepare for this fight. I did 5 rounds with different athletes. Me and my team were very confident for this fight, because we knew I was well trained. I was posting all the time about how I had the cardio to og 5 rounds, and I really did. At the gym I trained harder than everybody, dedicated myself more, did all my sparring. Nobody training with me could keep up. I don't get it. I got very tired in the first round, so much so I was actually scared by it. When I felt my legs get tired, I told Distak: "I don't understand". I felt a good strike to the body, but I don't know if that was it. I don't know if it was the recovery, the adrenaline, I have to confess I really don't.(...)
I faced a very tough guy. I was surpised with Matt Brown's grit. I remember I had his back, he was moaning and screaming in pain. The guy hanged in there, his merit. He's very tough, very gritty and deserved to win. He came at me with everything.

Sounds like an adrenaline dump to me.

Back