Equipment

Woob

French knickers belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just gonna ask you guys your opinion on this piece of equipment. I was considering buying it to help-with my training at home so that i could train at home rather than go to the gym. I looks like it has everything you need (other than the weights). It has a squat rack, bench rack, preacher pad, lat pull down and some weird fly things. What's you ropinion on it?

http://www.lxdirect.com/rf/navigati...ty=1&thisprod=234322029&SNtt=kp234&SNu=pca_id

Looking at it I'd doubt it could handle much in the way of real weight, it probably has a pretty low weight limit. Also, what the hell do you want the preacher pad, lat pulldown and flye handles for?

There's definitely better out there.

Try Gymratz and Fitness Superstore.

power rack and adjustable bench, that is all you need to start. If you can not afford that yet I would wait until I could. Don't settle for cheap equipment.

You really need a power rack if you're going to train at home, a squat rack, and not a very sturdy looikng squat rack at that, just won't cut it.

So whats a power rack then? sorry for my ignorance

Don't settle for cheap equipment.

Correct. Cheap plates, yes, but everything else should be good.

yeah that set up doesnt looks to stable, i echo the power rack, last thing you want is your 'spotter' collapsing because you tried to save a few quid

I'm pretty sure that power racks are fucking expensive with a capital F-U-C-K-I-N-G.

If you've got a couple of friends to lift with, you don't need a power rack. A squat rack will do, even a sub-par one.

EDIT: What do you know. They aren't quite as expensive as I remember. However, they will cost you roughly twice as much as a workable bench/squat rack combo.

HULKAMANIA said:
I'm pretty sure that power racks are fucking expensive with a capital F-U-C-K-I-N-G.

If you've got a couple of friends to lift with, you don't need a power rack. A squat rack will do, even a sub-par one.

EDIT: What do you know. They aren't quite as expensive as I remember. However, they will cost you roughly twice as much as a workable bench/squat rack combo.

a power rack is money well spent.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92563.html

free shipping.

it looks like a cheap bench if you are 10-13 it will be ok otherwise invest in quality equipment

New york barbells is great for equipment IF, you live in the US. If not, bend over for shipping/duties(especially in the UK, where Woob is).

Ordeing equipment should be saved as a last resort, check for gyms that have gone bust, or even local athletic/fitness stores, you never know what you'll find.

FCFighter316 said:
(5 minutes later) ooooo shit im gonna be ur best friend motherfucker! i just saved you $80+

Shipping isn't free on that on though, so it probably ends up about the same price as the same rack from NY barbell at $349.

I would actually recommend the $399 rack from NY barbell over the $349 - it's the same design just a little more spacing.....

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/92552.html

Back