1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Ephedra Extract v. Ephedrine

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by anaconda, Jun 28, 2008.

1. MikeMartial Black Belt

2. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

3. MikeMartial Black Belt

In other words, no. I'd imagine the dose would have to be fairly high, but anything that inhibits muscle contraction preWO would be counter-productive, be it at the CNS or localized level.

4. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

ok thats what I was thinking as well. I missed the first part. I guess I'll have to find some pure ephedrine online somewhere. Thanks.

For anyone interested, Ive also read some negative effects of taking yohimbine hcl with the EC stack:

5. Vedic Purple Belt

As which is why I said don't do it:) It's always best to find a item in it's pure form and combine things yourself.

6. Brent Schermerhorn Green Belt Professional Fighter

So, im not against anyone using anything BUT this S*** (eph) is all tested for in MMA in the US right?

7. DevilEyes Blue Belt

Not 100% positive, but I would assume so.

8. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

NSAC:

9. andrewbc Purple Belt

dude your gonna fuck yourself up, ephedrine restricts the blood vessels and arginine expands them.

10. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

supplementwarehouse.com has a whole bunch of ephedra products, including old products with original formulas that are expired if anyone is interested.

11. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

So I take it yohimbine + caffeine and ephedrine + caffeine is ok, but never the twaine shall meet

12. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

thats what I understand. The negative effects outweigh the positive benefits.

the long thread on bb.com (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=316758&page=8) has tons of good info.

13. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

oh and if anyone wants pure ephedrine (no guafinesen!), ElitenetPharmacy Home Page and SND Online both sell it. Ive seen some good reviews for elitenet.

I have heard negative things about taking guaf, and in general I dont like the idea of taking extra crap unnecessarily. Especially at those doses. Cheaper too.

Edit: I would stay away from SND. Go for elitenet.

14. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Thanks for the BB link.
    I have loads of yohimbine (about 9 grams) and Ephedrine from SND actually kicking about so I was thinking of putting them together. Seems I shouldn't

I quoted this

15. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

yeah a lot of people did recommend cycling between the two, which would actually prolong any cutting cycle without sacrificing efficacy.

The most interesting thing I found though (not sure if it was that thread or another one) was that it is not necessary to cycle ephedrine actually. Apparently, as time goes on, although the stimulant/appetite suppression effects might wear off, the thermogenic/fat burning properties actually increase! Some people talked about taking ephedrine for months and months.

16. DevilEyes Blue Belt

Thanks for the links, anaconda. Much appreciated.

17. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Skimming through I saw that from a few people

Interesting prospect. I usually just use ephedrine as a pick me up, but since I do actually need to cut some weight these days I might try it for a few months on the trot to see what happens.
    Problem is the caffeine will loose its effectiveness

18. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

also there may be a risk of dependence, although with smart usage (and goals apart from stimulation) it shouldnt be an issue.

I bought a bottle of lipo6x a couple of weeks ago and started it, but I dont really like it at all. Makes me too moody, no appetite suppression, and in fact it made me have intense cravings for sugary, carb-laden foods! I'm actually eating worse since I started it than before. So I guess what I'm saying is I dont like yohimbine all that much. Also, the stimulation is weird - sometimes it makes me feel exhausted instead of energized. Anyone ever have experience like that before?

I just ordered the ephedrine so we'll see how that goes. I used it years ago with success so hopefully my body responds the same way again.

19. anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

no problem - I figure if people are going to use it at least use it without the extra, unnecessary crap. As a tip, if you buy it in the 10mg tablets you get an extra 1000 mg for the same price (600 x 10mg vs. 200 x 25mg for $69.99 CA) and you can control your dose better that way too.

20. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I ordered 200 30mg doses and they gave me 700 10mg doses because they didn't have any 30's left