Ephedra Extract v. Ephedrine

anaconda

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@Gold
Reaction score
So it seems there are some products floating around that have "ephedra extract." From what I can see ephedra extract does not contain the alkaloids, which are what has been made illegal.

My question is then is ephedra extract a suitable replacement for ephedrine? Or would one be better off simply creating their own stack?

Here is the product in question:

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size 1 cap
Servings Per Container 90
Amount Per Serving % DV
Proprietary Blend:
Ephedra Extract 25mg (leaves)
Kola Nut Extract (200mg Caffeine)
White Willow Bark
Acacia Rigidula (leaves)
Green Tea Extract (leaves)
Theobromine
Phenylethylamine HCL
Citrus Aurantium Extract (25mg synephrine)
Chromium Picolinate 575mg

Would this be better? Or simply making an ECA stack?

Hmm, not sure, is this product marketed as a weight loss product?

Dude, you know you could just order Ephedra online right? 100% legally. I take 12.5 mg of Ephedra with superpump250 and hydroxycut hardcore and I'm ready to run through a fucking wall haha.

If you want me to send you the website where to order Ephedra lemme know...or just google it lol

Nizzell ephedra should not be combined with NO products. Dear lord man.

Hmm, not sure, is this product marketed as a weight loss product?

Dude, you know you could just order Ephedra online right? 100% legally. I take 12.5 mg of Ephedra with superpump250 and hydroxycut hardcore and I'm ready to run through a fucking wall haha.

If you want me to send you the website where to order Ephedra lemme know...or just google it lol

I dont think you understand what I'm asking. There are three objects to consider - Ephedra (perfectly legal, even to be marketed as a fat loss agent), ephedrine hcl (only legal for some non fat loss uses, like broncho dialator), and finally ephedra alkaloids (completely illegal).

Basically what I'm asking is whether buying a ready made product with ephedra extract is better or worse than making my own ECA stack with ephedrine hcl?

No, ephedra extract is not the same as ephedrine. You'd be better off buying ephedrine hcl, which contains all the effective alkaloids and is better for weightloss.

You can buy ephedrine legally on the internet. I just bought some vasopro off amazon.com a few days back.

No, ephedra extract is not the same as ephedrine. You'd be better off buying ephedrine hcl, which contains all the effective alkaloids and is better for weightloss.

You can buy ephedrine legally on the internet. I just bought some vasopro off amazon.com a few days back.

ok thats what I thought thanks. I dont want to use vasopro bc of the guafinesen. I'll try to find pure ephedrine.

ok thats what I thought thanks. I dont want to use vasopro bc of the guafinesen. I'll try to find pure ephedrine.

Taking guaifinesen isn't a big deal, there really aren't any known side effects. If you are using ephedrine in a safe manner, you should be taking it three weeks out of every month anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

Taking guaifinesen isn't a big deal, there really aren't any known side effects. If you are using ephedrine in a safe manner, you should be taking it three weeks out of every month anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

I read something about blood clots...?

Even so, I just dont like the idea of putting even more chemicals into my body than necessary. If I absolutely cant find pure ephedrine then I'll bite the bullet, but we'll see.

What about substitutes for aspirin? As someone with asthma its not advisable to take high dosages of aspirin. I heard yohimbine was a good alternative but I dont know. Suggestions? I could also just leave the aspirin out but part of the reason I like the ECA is the appetite suppression, which helps get me back on track in terms of diet much faster.

Ephedrine with yohimbe makes a lot of people sick. A lot of it sounds almost like it's more of a self control issue.

Ephedrine with yohimbe makes a lot of people sick. A lot of it sounds almost like it's more of a self control issue.

What do you mean?

I read something about blood clots...?

Even so, I just dont like the idea of putting even more chemicals into my body than necessary. If I absolutely cant find pure ephedrine then I'll bite the bullet, but we'll see.

What about substitutes for aspirin? As someone with asthma its not advisable to take high dosages of aspirin. I heard yohimbine was a good alternative but I dont know. Suggestions? I could also just leave the aspirin out but part of the reason I like the ECA is the appetite suppression, which helps get me back on track in terms of diet much faster.

In red, your words

It's not healthy. Not that you would listen obviously.

Normally I would tell you that you could substitute the aspirin for it's herbal equivalent, willow bark, but since both are salicylates it's probably be best to stay on the safe side and just cut out that part of the equation altogether.

That and the stress on the cardiovascular system in general.

In red, your words

There are plenty of reasons I want to use ECA. Of course part of it is a self control issue. Anyone who claims that diet has nothing to do with self control is either a fool or a liar. Is there something wrong with the fact that I look forward to, among other effects, appetite suppression?

Nothing wrong with it as long as you find nothing wrong with it I guess.

Back