Economy Employers struggle to compete with $600 coronavirus unemployment payments

You don't have any healthcare, remember?

Why don’t you quote the entire post. Oh that’s right because you’re constantly dishonest.

Canadians have healthcare even if they lose their jobs. We’re not that lucky here in America. Canada has a much better social safety system set up for their citizens.

No, I did not say everyone. That's your interpretation. My point is, you downgrade the seriousness of these lock downs when you project your own personal experience during it, and claim that people only want to re-open because they miss the titty bar.

And those businesses would absolutely thrive again if they opened up with no restrictions. Again with the projection. Not everyone is afraid of crowds, or this virus. People barely want to follow the guidelines as is, and when some places do open up, you see the results. People are there...in droves. Not everyone is hiding under their covers from this thing, or buy the hype that your going to kill people if you go outside and mingle. The results are in. This virus is a mostly a killer of the elderly...like a lot of other viruses. Ergo, lets do what we can to protect them, while not destroying everyone else's life in process.

Sorry, you said most. You and your cohorts still are not on the same page.

I bring my anecdotal experience to the table, because you're creating a false narrative that the driving force behind people's concerns is economic and not health-related. Which is of course nonsense.

I like how @jx820 never came back to this thread to address your point. Well said. I hate people who think their experience 100% applies to the rest of the world. It reminds me of annoying anti-gunners who say "I've never needed a gun to defend myself" to argue for gun control as if that somehow cancels out everyone else's experience with possibly needing a gun to defend themselves.

I came back in address to point I'm genuinely underwhelmed by it.

Sorry, you said most. You and your cohorts still are not on the same page.

I bring my anecdotal experience to the table, because you're creating a false narrative that the driving force behind people's concerns is economic and not health-related. Which is of course nonsense.

Did you just say that your anecdotal experience was made to combat a false narrative?

ROFL!

That's just priceless.

Jiu-Jitsu

gyms aren't open but there is nothing prohibiting you from doing Jiu-Jitsu I'm aware of. Call another plague rat and have a roll. I recommend you invest in like 40 bucks worth of foam interlocking mats and some plastic boxing tape.

Did you just say that your anecdotal experience was made to combat a false narrative?

ROFL!

That's just priceless.

No it's not made its provided. and might I point out that absolutely no evidence was provided to the opie's claim. None.

But if you want to talk in facts. Here's a fact.

Either the driving factor behind the lock down is just to ruin the economy and help make some people a little bit of extra money off unemployment or its because there's a consensus among the experts that by locking everything down we can reign in the death toll under 200,000. Only one of those things can be true.

I happened to be of the opinion that the not batshit crazy one is probably true.

Then isolate your vulnerable loved ones. You guys can stay in your bunker until there's a vaccine, and only come out when it's 100% effective! Too risky otherwise.

1. You guys who? I'm not shelter in place.
  2. Hand to God, where that possible, I would.

Unfortunately it's genuinely not possible. Many of those same people still need to go to doctors offices for non covid-19 reasons. Very few people have commercial freezers capable of holding several months worth of food. You get all this you're just being ridiculous and I'm entertaining it I guess.

Right now everybody is capable of buying and doing almost everything you could possibly want to buy and do. There are very few restrictions on your behavior. All you have to do to protect 2 million people from dying of a preventable disease is make due with take out for a little while, and watch that Vin Diesel movie in your living room instead of a theater.

Back