Emotionally ill teen calls cops for help, Cop shoots kid, then sues family for 10 Million...

Emotionally ill teen: CHECK
Cop shoots a teen and a neighbor: CHECK
Someone sues someone for 10 Mil: CHECK

This story has 'Murica written all over it.

Yup, citizens have the right to sue against government actions here. You jealous?

Last edited:
Counter sue so as to not just play defense in the courtroom and go on the offensive. Makes sense

Apparently the family of the kid who was swing a bat at the cop and refusing orders to stop and drop it filed their lawsuit almost immediately, and it pissed the cop off that the family just seemed to be in it for the money and that it's the kids fault the innocent person behind the kid died as well.

Really tho, every single police officer should wear a body camera, especially with public opinion of their actions so negative at the moment. It used to be Pete trusted the cops word and not the ones getting cops called on them, not so any more thanks to the media scums

Counter sue so as to not just play defense in the courtroom and go on the offensive. Makes sense

Apparently the family of the kid who was swing a bat at the cop and refusing orders to stop and drop it filed their lawsuit almost immediately, and it pissed the cop off that the family just seemed to be in it for the money and that it's the kids fault the innocent person behind the kid died as well.

Really tho, every single police officer should wear a body camera, especially with public opinion of their actions so negative at the moment. It used to be Pete trusted the cops word and not the ones getting cops called on them, not so any more thanks to the media scums

Well that and footage of Cops shooting unarmed people in the back as they're running away and footage of Cops planting drugs on people they detain so they can get a "legit" arrest... But we'll have to wait until this pans out in court.

I don't know about this Pete guy, but is it really only the fault of the "media scums" that people don't automatically trust a police officer's word as gospel? It turns out that a lot of the times, cops tell lies to cover their asses. Since camera phones have been a thing, a lot of situations where the police blatantly lied have been exposed. So just imagine how many people are walking around out there who were affected by similar situations where a cop lied and it wasn't caught on tape - I'm actually one of them. No idea what happened here, and if it happened how the cop says then fuck this kid. But I can't take some guy's word as gospel just because he's a cop.

So you read nothing about the situation and can come up with stupid shit- check.

Or maybe your just drunk because everything I need to know about where you live I can get.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6106570.stm

I love how he points out something stereotypically American and you automatically get butthurt and assume it's an insult.

I've never had to worry a single moment in my life about being shot by either a criminal or a psychotic cop. You'll never experience that feeling. Apart from the refugee bullshit, I don't think you have any idea how peacefully most countries live. Nobody is jealous of you.

I love how he points out something stereotypically American and you automatically get butthurt and assume it's an insult.

I've never had to worry a single moment in my life about being shot by either a criminal or a psychotic cop. You'll never experience that feeling. Apart from the refugee bullshit, I don't think you have any idea how peacefully most countries live. Nobody is jealous of you.

Why would you be jealous of me?

I would hope you loved where you lived like I do.

And the problem I was pointing out was stereotypes and how they are bull shit for the most part.

I read about this and the "teen" was 19 years old and was swinging a bat at the cops head before he got shot. His emotional issues were that he was on anti-depressants, and the cop is counter-suing to make a statement. The victim's family filed a law suit, and the cop filed one back stating that every time someone attacks a cop and gets shot for it, the family shouldn't feel like they won the lottery, but it's a black kid and a white cop, so of coarse CNN is going to put their slant on it.

This is a very reasonable post.

But suing to "make a point" by a cop is retarded. Just b/c someone sues you, you do not have an automatic countersuit.

Cop was ok to shoot the man btw imo

Why would you be jealous of me?

I would hope you loved where you lived like I do.

And the problem I was pointing out was stereotypes and how they are bull shit for the most part.

The problem is that the stereotype you were pointing out wasn't bullshit, so you didn't make the point you were trying to. The entirety of the thread title is a stereotypical American headline.

Also, Metusalemi could very well have a few drinks in him, for all you know.

And what some of you Euros fail to realize is that the United States is a big place and not every city here is like Chicago, Los Angles or the other crap you see in the media. The city I live in has had one murder and Zero hate crimes from 2005-2014. (I actually believe the last hate crime happened here in 1988 but I could be wrong) There is also a University here and 3/4 of the people I know own guns for hunting purposes.

I don't know about this Pete guy, but is it really only the fault of the "media scums" that people don't automatically trust a police officer's word as gospel? It turns out that a lot of the times, cops tell lies to cover their asses. Since camera phones have been a thing, a lot of situations where the police blatantly lied have been exposed. So just imagine how many people are walking around out there who were affected by similar situations where a cop lied and it wasn't caught on tape - I'm actually one of them. No idea what happened here, and if it happened how the cop says then fuck this kid. But I can't take some guy's word as gospel just because he's a cop.

And I agree with this too. Cops wearing body cameras will benefit all. Should be mandatory asap

Anyone personally know an officer and know what their take on them is? Only cops I know aren't good enough to be friends. Just friendly in passing at the gym

Your source says he was shot in the back four times. That seems odd considering the, "I was on the floor about to be brained by a bat", perspective of the cop.

I'm interested to see what comes of this. Why no bodycamera though? This wouldn't even be a real discussion if he was wearing one, everyone would just know. They're so cheap currently and storing data is a problem of the past. You can store hundreds of gigs for minimal charge in the cloud, or just use terabyte size drives. To me, that's the real root question here.

Maybe it was the bullets ricocheting off the old lady neighbor that hit the kid in the back.

I don't have to worry about being shot by criminals or the police either. I'm not black, and I don't live around many blacks, so statistically I'm pretty safe from both.

Is he going to sue the neighbor's family also?

He says he's trying to make a point.

I think he's entitled to try and make that point but if that's all this is then it strikes me as a frivolous suit.

It's a counter suit. People do it all the time when they get sued. I watch a lot of Judge Judy, so I know this stuff.

Cop needs to go to jail for killing the 59 year old woman, and the kid needed to take partial responsibility for it too.

Cop needs to go to jail for killing the 59 year old woman, and the kid needed to take partial responsibility for it too.

So if the guy was attacking with the bat when he was shot and the cop never saw the woman why should the cop go to jail.

Back