Eminem is trash

Not to mention even the younger rappers have been described as "emo" due to their lyrics about depression and suicide.

There's so much good hip hop out there right now. From A$AP Mob on the East Coast to Black Hippy on the West. Dude it took like a year for people to realize you could listen to DAMN (won a Pulitzer) both front to back and back to front for two different stories.

Also this shit from Mac Miller before his overdose is haunting as fuck.

Joyner Lucas is trash

Not to mention even the younger rappers have been described as "emo" due to their lyrics about depression and suicide.

There's so much good hip hop out there right now. From A$AP Mob on the East Coast to Black Hippy on the West. Dude it took like a year for people to realize you could listen to DAMN (won a Pulitzer) both front to back and back to front for two different stories.

Also this shit from Mac Miller before his overdose is haunting as fuck.

It all has its moments in time. Hip hops zenith for me was anything mid-late 80s to mid to late 90s, and then the early to mid 2000s was the last of the mohicans era. Like just 92-96 alone spawned so many classic hip hop albums. I mean albums where pretty much every track was a banger. After the mid 2000s though , the aura kind of faded Imo. Classic rock is the same. It was best from the mid to late 60s to mid 70s, then it fizzled. Alt rock same. Every genre has their eras of brilliance. Right now it's the pop/rap/electric type stuff.

I think a heard some old school hip hop artist saying that new rap can never ever be like the old stuff again just cause times have changed. People have gotten softer, even gangsters are not as gangster lol. It's not a bad thing, not at all. I think hip hop however, which has its roots in the streets, the 5 elements, which were at its essence a street thing and street culture, cannot be relocated or replicated by today's kids growing up in a more lax environment. The soul and grittiness can't be faked. It's like a prevliged white kid singing the blues. Technically it can sound great, but people who know will see and hear right through it. Hip hop will never be what it once was, and I'm not mad about it. As I said, it had its time of brilliance, I'm just happy I had a chance to live through it.

Last edited:
swinging a dagger long enough to stagger a trap rapper after the fact that a platypus’ bladder adapts to the reaction of the tragic collapse of the crowd enamoured in back

For fucks sake lol
hPqcKMe.png

As soon as he started talking about politics he became a shithead.

Fucking LOL at some millionaire telling me how to live my life.
Aren't you a Trump supporter?

If you love hip hop you can definitely still enjoy it. If you look for hip hop to be what it was in the 90s you're lost, nothing is like what it was back then, what happens as we get older is we get stuck in our ways and refuse to keep adapting or try new things. I'm 40 and my favorite shit will always be that gangster shit from my youth, but I still get down with some of the newer shit I just have to put effort into finding stuff I like, not just going off the radio which I didn't even do when I was a kid. Mumble rap is trash to me though I will stand by that lol.

For sure. I'm surprised you aren't a Schoolboy Q fan, Black Hippy really did a good job of continuing the vibe of old school Compton hip hop. Granted Kendrick has molded into a completely different kind of artist but Q is keeping it going. I always thought this was a great Compton/Harlem collab.

Also I have a soft spot in my heart for mumble rappers like Future. Dude makes music to get faded to.

Joyner Lucas is trash
Neat.

It all has its moments in time. Hip hops zenith for me was anything mid-late 80s to mid to late 90s, and then the early to mid 2000s was the last of the mohicans era. Like just 92-96 alone spawned so many classic hip hop albums. I mean albums where pretty much every track was a banger. After the mid 2000s though , the aura kind of faded Imo. Classic rock is the same. It was best from the mid to late 60s to mid 70s, then it fizzled. Alt rock same. Every genre has their eras of brilliance. Right now it's the pop/rap/electric type stuff.

I think a heard some old school hip hop artist saying that new rap can never ever be like the old stuff again just cause times have changed. People have gotten softer, even gangsters are not as gangster lol. It's not a bad thing, not at all. I think hip hop however, which has its roots in the streets, the 5 elements, which were at its essence a street thing and street culture, cannot be relocated or replicated by today's kids growing up in a more lax environment. The soul and grittiness can't be faked. It's like a prevliged white kid singing the blues. Technically it can sound great, but people who know will see and hear right through it. Hip hop will never be what it once was, and I'm not mad about it. As I said, it had its time of brilliance, I'm just happy I had a chance to live through it.

I agree about the evolution in general but there's still kids growing up in 9th wars trap houses down here that deal with the same type of shit.

There's rappers shooting each other all the time down here.

okay, boomer.

Hip hop died around the time when rappers started wearing skinny jeans and dresses

As soon as he started talking about politics he became a shithead.

Fucking LOL at some millionaire telling me how to live my life.
He was always political, remember when he rapped about George bush, we just notice it more now cuz we're older

Aren't you a Trump supporter?

For sure. I'm surprised you aren't a Schoolboy Q fan, Black Hippy really did a good job of continuing the vibe of old school Compton hip hop. Granted Kendrick has molded into a completely different kind of artist but Q is keeping it going. I always thought this was a great Compton/Harlem collab.

Also I have a soft spot in my heart for mumble rappers like Future. Dude makes music to get faded to.

Trump and Konster>>>You and Joyner Lucas

Back