Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Young Guns II
D2 The Mighty Ducks
The Breakfast Club

HM: The Outsiders - because he's only in a small role I chose the 3 films where he's the lead.

Young Guns
Young Guns 2
Stakeout

The Breakfast Club is a close 4th and The Outsiders a close 5th.

Judgment Night was a pretty good forgotten movie and Freejack was respectable though also forgotten.

His role isn't that important in Stakeout though. Richard Dreyfuss is clearly the lead.

The first ten movies on the voting list up to 1990 are all a decent watch or better.

Last edited:
If you don’t vote D2, it’s knucklepuck time.

25-plus years later and Kenan is currently the biggest name among that cast- which is pretty interesting to think about but not shocking. Dude clearly had presence and timing even as a young actor.

Heavyweights- an under seen funny film from the mid 90s is another good one with Thompson. It’s like Stiller was workshopping his Dodgeball character years earlier lol.

Not trying to go too far off thread topic but as a big SNL fan, I’m a big Kenan proponent.

Young Guns
Young Guns 2
Stakeout

The Breakfast Club is a close 4th and The Outsiders a close 5th.

Judgment Night was a pretty good forgotten movie and Freejack was respectable though also forgotten.

His role isn't that important in Stakeout though. Richard Dreyfuss is clearly the lead.

The first ten movies on the voting list up to 1990 are all a decent watch or better.

Judgment Night was interesting. One of those early 90s movies that just got lost in the ether somewhere but is actually pretty compelling.

Young Guns movies are legit. Crazy cast.

I really think The Breakfast Club is one of those “teen movies” that really is good rather than just memorable or iconic. It had some depth in the characterizations and Gleason (RIP) was terrific as the principal too.

That scene between him and Judd Nelson is a real standout.

25-plus years later and Kenan is currently the biggest name among that cast- which is pretty interesting to think about but not shocking. Dude clearly had presence and timing even as a young actor.

Heavyweights- an under seen funny film from the mid 90s is another good one with Thompson. It’s like Stiller was workshopping his Dodgeball character years earlier lol.

Not trying to go too far off thread topic but as a big SNL fan, I’m a big Kenan proponent.

He is underrated. definitely the best SNL cast member today, and one of the best ever.

I think he could handle the lead in a comedy movie, but he needs his own director/writer team, like Apatow and Seth Rogan

MV5BMTg3MzEzNzMwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI5MjIyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Wont let me edit...
Outsiders
Breakfast club
Young guns

Hon mention: that was then, this is now. Great book also.

I really think The Breakfast Club is one of those “teen movies” that really is good rather than just memorable or iconic. It had some depth in the characterizations and Gleason (RIP) was terrific as the principal too.

That scene between him and Judd Nelson is a real standout.

Yeah it was a photo finish between The Breakfast Club and Stakeout, which is another one that has kind of slipped below the waves over the years like Judgment Night.

@Hart Break Kick 97 so I donwloaded an N64 emulator and started playing WCW nwo revenge, I don't think I actually played it before, just wm 2000 and no mercy. But I played some other wack wcw game. Also downloaded a PS2 emulator and been playing def jam fight for NY. Ever did a wrestling game poll? Would that be in the gaming section or the wrestling section lol

Haven't seen it but it's fuckin Rosie <{clintugh}>

Unfortunately it is one of the biggest dropoffs I can think of between a very good movie and its first sequel. It's one of the first examples that springs to mind along with Highlander.

Rosie O'Donnell was a very strange choice of "flavor of the month" actor to hitch the Stakeout wagon to. She had two or three years there with A League of their Own and East of Eden etc. and then the next thing you know she was playing with her beard as a talk show host because nobody wanted to see that stuff on the big screen anymore. It was like Anne Heche being pushed as a big star for a year or two and then...see you later alligator.

The first Stakeout was quite gritty, with serious stakes and maybe the most underrated villain of the decade in Aidan Quinn. The sequel kind of felt and looked like a sitcom with guns.

Last edited:
He is underrated. definitely the best SNL cast member today, and one of the best ever.

I think he could handle the lead in a comedy movie, but he needs his own director/writer team, like Apatow and Seth Rogan

He’s double Emmy nominated this year which- I get it- awards aren’t the be all/end all but still that’s impressive. Glad his NBC series is coming back. I haven’t watched yet but it’s awesome he’s branching out. Just hope he doesn’t leave SNL lol.

Lorne did an interview about him a year or so back and basically said that Kenan had all the skills they were looking for right off the bat when he was hired. Indicated that Kenan was already so prepared and polished for that format of comedy since he had been doing it since he was a kid.

I’ve also heard rumors that he might be the guy Lorne passes the torch too as showrunner but I believe that’s pure speculation I’d wager.

Kenan, Kate McKinnon, Cecily Strong and Aidy Bryant are actually all up there on all time list for SNL performers as far as I’m concerned. Current cast gets a lot of flack but I think people need to acknowledge that there have been some epic performers in that cast who have had long runs.

And Kenan’s run is historic lol. He’s been through like three eras of SNL casts. He predated Hader, Wiig and Samberg to put things in perspective and started only a year after Armisen, Forte and Seth Meyers.

Reactions: Zer
@Hart Break Kick 97 so I donwloaded an N64 emulator and started playing WCW nwo revenge, I don't think I actually played it before, just wm 2000 and no mercy. But I played some other wack wcw game. Also downloaded a PS2 emulator and been playing def jam fight for NY. Ever did a wrestling game poll? Would that be in the gaming section or the wrestling section lol

It's been done in the wrestling section

Revenge was cool but I feel that once THQ started with WM 2000 and No Mercy, they improved the formula.

one thing is for sure- once WWE transitioned away from the War Zone and Attitude style of games to the Revenge-style gameplay, the games improved tremendously.

One thing that was irritating about Revenge was how quickly you could Charge up to do your finisher if you were getting destroyed by the opponent. Lol.

Yeah it was a photo finish between The Breakfast Club and Stakeout, which is another one that has kind of slipped below the waves over the years like Judgment Night.

never saw Stakeout unfortunately. But I’ve heard good things. It’s one of those 80s films that fuses genres, no? Like a comedy but with intensity to it.

Revenge was cool but I feel that once THQ started with WM 2000 and No Mercy, they improved the formula.

one thing is for sure- once WWE transitioned away from the War Zone and Attitude style of games to the Revenge-style gameplay, the games improved tremendously.

One thing that was irritating about Revenge was how quickly you could Charge up to do your finisher if you were getting destroyed by the opponent. Lol.

Wcw vs nwo revenge is what started the excellent games imo

No mercy sent it to the moon imo and they all got better for the most part after that

never saw Stakeout unfortunately. But I’ve heard good things. It’s one of those 80s films that fuses genres, no? Like a comedy but with intensity to it.

The best comparable would be Beverly Hills Cop I think. Cop action thriller with some laughs but actual stakes...the comedy is toned down a little bit and slightly more grounded in reality compared to Beverly Hills Cop.

Back