emerGen-C

Ruick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
in another thread i was asking for prepractice energy snacks, and someone mentioned emer gen c. Anyone use this? does it help you out? btw, is it safe for a 16 year old, also taking a morning multivitamin? in one serving has 1111% daily vitamin c value.

i have used it. it tasted pretty good. it's just vitamins so it should be safe. i forgot what exactly its for

well in the thread i asked for an energy boosting snack/supplement to eat or drink before wrestling practice.

the only vitamins u have to be careful about "overdosing" in are vitamins A, D, E, and K... ADEK!

bcuz they are fat soluble.. but u don't need to worry about E bcuz i hear u need to be literally "drinking" it on a daily basis to overdose..

also, be careful about minerals.. though it's tedius to list all the dosages for minerals.. just know that minerals are overdoseable as well :wink:

u can take as much vitamin C or B as u want.. u piss out any extra and make ur urine bright yellow.. just be sure to drink a lot of water.. but u should be doing that anyway :wink:

Ruick said:
well in the thread i asked for an energy boosting snack/supplement to eat or drink before wrestling practice.

it's also very useful if u get sick! :wink:

how so

and so again, does taking emergen c every day before practice a good idea for energy?

hmm.. personally i wouldn't take it 'with' my morning multi-vitamin..

here's what I would personally do:

morning: eat breakfast, drink ur supplements, OR drink supplements, then breakfast

then eat a big lunch (lunch should be ur biggest meal of the day, IMO) (i would take an enzyme supplement or a slice of ginger to speed up digestion.. cuz u shouldn't be working out on a full stomach)

and right before practice take ur Emer'Gen-C (preferrably on an empty or light stomach)

then right after practice drink a protein shake

no no, i was just asking if its safe to take both the same day. yea i take multivitamin in the morning, and emergenc before practice.

I thought it was for helping with hangovers?

i read somewhere too much vitamin c intake aids in the production kidney stones or increases chances or whatever.

onslaught61 said:
i read somewhere too much vitamin c intake aids in the production kidney stones or increases chances or whatever.
yeh, and i read study that debunks it.. it also analyzed b-vitamins as well..
http://www.nutramed.com/nutrients/vitaminc.htm

and yes, u can take emer'gen-c the same day as ur multi-vitamin..

keep in mind, it might not work for everyone... the boost in energy may vary widely among different individuals.. i noticed on a few days i didn't notice any boost and others i've gotten a big boost.. the non-boost days correlated with me drinking it on a full stomach though :wink:

and meng, yes it works for hangovers as well.. so basically.. it's useful when u're in an Emer'Gen-C!!! LOL!!!@!111oneoneone :icon_chee

I don't see the point in taking this much vitamin C. The reason you don't have to worry about toxicity is because you're just going to piss it all out.

No, you're literally "pissing your money away."

Chad Hamilton said:
Perhaps it's most overlooked value, with a slice of alka-seltzer.
I was guessing from the cheesy graphic of a dude sweating and crawling through the desert on the packagework.

meng_mao said:
I was guessing from the cheesy graphic of a dude sweating and crawling through the desert on the packagework.
LOL.. strange, that graphic is ONLY on the lemon flavor..

I don't see the point in taking this much vitamin C. The reason you don't have to worry about toxicity is because you're just going to piss it all out.

No, you're literally "pissing your money away."
well, just like ur analogy of glutamine whether it works or not.. it's dirt cheap at $30 for 1kg/2.2lbs

if u are indeed "pissing ur money away" .. each packet i've calculated costs about 23 cents.. minus lets say 13 cents bcuz it *works* (for me at least).. and u're only pissing away about 10cents everyday u drink it.. :wink:

remember, u absorb more if u take less more times in the day, rather than the total all at once.. ex. taking 500mg of Vtamin C at 2 different times a day, as opposed to taking 1000mg of Vitamin C at 1 time a day..

does anybody know the price for gatorade? i think emer'Gen-C is a great alternative to gatorade and it has vitamins!.. and u can carry those convenient little packets in ur shirt pocket or smoething lol :D

so anyone have any other opinions before i buy one of those 2.2lb packs? also supersudo, so i should mix it with my water and drink it during the practice too? in what ratio?

also in another thread someone else stated that during practice i should drink a mixture of apple juice and water (1:3) because it gives potassium,etc. which would be the better choice, apple juice or emergen-c? or emerg before practice, and apple juice during?

Ruick said:
so anyone have any other opinions before i buy one of those 2.2lb packs? also supersudo, so i should mix it with my water and drink it during the practice too? in what ratio?

i think u misread my last post.. the 2.2lbs thing was about the "glutamine"

emer'gen-C comes in boxes of 36 single serving packs.. for $8.. so it equals to about $0.23 per pack.. however, u're paying for convenience! :D

anyway, experiment what works best for u.. i'd try out 1:3 apple juice first.. then update us on any differences u feel :wink:

ok so i finally bought a box of 36 packets for around $12 at GNC (you can get them around 8 online). I chose the tangerine flavor. Took one packet and added a full glass of water to it, and drank it. Went outside and ran about a mile and a half or so. I truely felt like i had so much energy. the last time i ran i drank some apple juice.. no comparison to this. i also had a light cold, stuffy nose in the morning - after drinking this, and even after running in cold weather - GONE. ive only used it once so far, but defiently reccomending it now to anyone who is interested.

Back