• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

I don't care if you think he moved the goalposts and that wasn't what I asked. Too much of your argument involves your personal feelings on Musk's motives. Accounts that weren't correctly labeled per the rules I copied, were banned. Ones that followed the rules, remain. Free to parody whoever they want, including Musk. We keep going in circles on this and it's getting boring. You hate the guy and you hate what he's doing with Twitter. Stay off it then. Problem solved.

It verifiable fact that Shapiro is a major target of the alt-right. Not interested in your white savior wannabe blabbering either.
I'm certainly not saying parodying or impersonating someone shouldn't be banned.
But Elon bought Twitter with the promise of restoring free speech and humor as though they were some long forsaken attributes of the platform. But he never really said what it would look like. ALl of a sudden he's making rules on a whim because people started impersonating him and other people. What's worse is he gave people the ability to purchase account verification without the ability to actually verify. So now he's created a quagmire exacerbated by the reduction of half of its workforce, of which I'm sure many were moderators. He's getting a lesson in managing a free speech platform as we speak and has essentially cut his ability to crawl out of this mess by half.
Advertisers are also pulling back funding because Twitter is turning into a dumpster fire.

Twitter is now delisted on the stock market so we won't ever get a peak into their financials, nor will we really know the direction the company is going to be headed in until we see changes happening or if there are internal leaks. As much as I hate Elon, he's been closer to the brink of bankrupcy in the past with SpaceX and Tesla, and managed to pull a horseshoe out of his arse. Is that what we are going to see this time? Maybe, but luck runs out eventually.

You are making zero sense here…FYI
Yes, definitely not making any sense by accurately predicting specific rev-gen and cross-company promotions while mocking a geriatric Musk defender lmao.

Yes, definitely not making any sense by accurately predicting specific rev-gen and cross-company promotions while mocking a geriatric Musk defender lmao.

Losers like to criticize…..…”Musk ruined Twitter..
<DCrying>
<Dany07>

Retired , why?

He asked you what your job and educational background is and you replied retired.

Is there a reason you only answered half the question?

I'm guessing the reason you ducked the education question explains why you don't seem capable of posting more than single sentence replies.

Aaand already using circular funding to prop up revenue by buying ads using investor money from SpaceX.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/spacex-buys-ad-campaign-twitter-starlink-musk-says-2022-11-14/

Classic pyramid scheming.
If buying ads was so useful to spaceX why were they not buying ads everywhere already?
Why is SpaceX buying Twitter add space? What product are they selling to the everyday consumer? Trips to the moon?

Yes I know, the answer isn't to actually advertise a product but rather to funnel money from one of his other companies into the new toy he just bought because it's sinking.

He asked you what your job and educational background is and you replied retired.

Is there a reason you only answered half the question?

I'm guessing the reason you ducked the education question explains why you don't seem capable of posting more than single sentence replies.
<TheWire1>

Why is SpaceX buying Twitter add space? What product are they selling to the everyday consumer? Trips to the moon?

Yes I know, the answer isn't to actually advertise a product but rather to funnel money from one of his other companies into the new toy he just bought because it's sinking.
i thought the emerald mining ads were a bit odd.
this explains it.

he publishes his own trailer park post.
come on guys, Gene is a good guy. We all get on each other's throats here because of differing opinions (and I unfortunately do it too when I'm having a bad day or just reacting impulsively) but it doesn't achieve anything.

It's safe to say I disagree with most of what Gene posts, but I like his thread of his journey with his wife and cats. Let's not demean him by calling it "trailer park thread".

Losers like to criticize…..…”Musk ruined Twitter..
<DCrying>
<Dany07>
Hmmm which group to be in:

A) Functional adults analyzing business happenings

B) Retarded old man who can't even form a sentence complaining about Group A

Tough choice.

Thanks for your very important work here…we are all wiser because of your commentary..
<Huh2>
My life has changed forever from that informing post. Twitter any day now will go out of business Enron style according to the BlueAnon here

Hmmm which group to be in:

A) Functional adults analyzing business happenings

B) Retarded old man who can't even form a sentence complaining about Group A

Tough choice.

Here’s the good news, I needed some fresh meat to engage with around here..You and your boyfriend @ShadBo are going to be my new hobby…
Nice to have you both on board, may the best man win…
<{jackyeah}>

come on guys, Gene is a good guy. We all get on each other's throats here because of differing opinions (and I unfortunately do it too when I'm having a bad day or just reacting impulsively) but it doesn't achieve anything.

It's safe to say I disagree with most of what Gene posts, but I like his thread of his journey with his wife and cats. Let's not demean him by calling it "trailer park thread".
you're right, he should be proud of his double wide. hope it's paid off too since he's such an amazing businessman.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion, but the answer to your question "Why is SpaceX buying Twitter add space?" is litteraly in the title of the article you quoted....

Why is SpaceX buying Twitter add space? What product are they selling to the everyday consumer?
A number of advertisers on Twitter don’t offer anything of value to the general public. They advertise on Twitter in order to hold it over the company’s head, to silence people speaking against them.

must be a horrible company, if a single tweet by a fake account is all it needs for their stock to plummet

must be a horrible company, if a single tweet by a fake account is all it needs for their stock to plummet

Thats todays market for you, not a companys fault.

Single tweets crash currency values, change election results, destroy companies, cancel people...

Same as a CGI presentation filled with insane promises can make companys stock skyrocket. Elon, Elisabeth Holmes, Trevor Milton, or anyone in the startup industry. Its all about the hype, doesnt matter if product is even physically possible to be made.

I don't hate the guy, I just think its hilarious to see how badly he's messing up Twitter and how committed you guys are to defending his incompetent tenure. The fact that you're just going to ignore that the original function of the blue check mark was sufficient to deal with impersonators and that this only became a problem because of Musk's short sighted decision is quite telling really. You guys were gloating at his purchase knowing he'd favor your side and so now you feel you have to defend his idiotic decisions and that's entertaining to me. The guy is already talking about bankruptcy but yeah everything's fine <Lmaoo>

Find where I gloated about Musk favoring "my side." Much like everything Musk is doing, you need to mischaracterize my position to make your case. I didn't gloat about anything except the ridiculous reaction your side has to the idea of an equal opportunity to communicate on Twitter. None of you knew about him changing the blue checkmark thing, or firing a bunch of the staff, back when this began and you were flipping out anyways. These are just things you're latching on to now that you never cared about when Dorsey owned Twitter. None of you can just be honest and say "I'm upset that Twitter won't be a safe space for me anymore." The only hilarious thing is you guys jumping over every bit of news about what he's doing and any money Twitter is losing and acting like you scored a touchdown. You care WAY too much about this.

I'm certainly not saying parodying or impersonating someone shouldn't be banned.
But Elon bought Twitter with the promise of restoring free speech and humor as though they were some long forsaken attributes of the platform. But he never really said what it would look like. ALl of a sudden he's making rules on a whim because people started impersonating him and other people. What's worse is he gave people the ability to purchase account verification without the ability to actually verify. So now he's created a quagmire exacerbated by the reduction of half of its workforce, of which I'm sure many were moderators. He's getting a lesson in managing a free speech platform as we speak and has essentially cut his ability to crawl out of this mess by half.
Advertisers are also pulling back funding because Twitter is turning into a dumpster fire.

Twitter is now delisted on the stock market so we won't ever get a peak into their financials, nor will we really know the direction the company is going to be headed in until we see changes happening or if there are internal leaks. As much as I hate Elon, he's been closer to the brink of bankrupcy in the past with SpaceX and Tesla, and managed to pull a horseshoe out of his arse. Is that what we are going to see this time? Maybe, but luck runs out eventually.

Could be. I couldn't care less if Twitter goes under, to be honest. I have a Twitter but I've never used it. I originally made it to follow boxing updates. I don't know if Musk is doing the best things for the company and we probably won't know for a while. He's owned it for two weeks. I'm sure there are a lot of lessons he'll have to learn when owning a platform that promotes free speech. There will be A LOT of people doing whatever they can to test that. I think some people can't differentiate free speech while out on the street, vs free speech on a social media platform.

Back