Elbow won’t bend or straighten completely lol

Yeah my knee popped today at jits just from a funny position. You really gotta love it.
Ruining your joints for a hobby like BJJ seems to do sounds amazing.

Wreck your neck next to really earn BJJ points. Don't forget to work on your cauliflower ear at home so people in public will know you do BJJ.

Last edited:
Ruining your joints for a hobby like BJJ seems to do sounds amazing.

Wreck your neck next to really earn BJJ points. Don't forget to work on your cauliflower ear at home so people in public will know you do BJJ.
I’ve been hurt more powerlifting than training jits but thanks for your concern, Jimothy

That's definitely a you thing.

Most people don't have their elbow and knee wrecked from lifting weights.
How many bicep, quad, pec and hamstring tears have happened to power lifters? I’d imagine at least a few. Tricep tears as well.

How many bicep, quad, pec and hamstring tears have happened to power lifters? I’d imagine at least a few. Tricep tears as well.
To hobbiest level, natty powerlifters? Very, very few.

Whatcha even talking about, brah?

Edit: Edited to add another “very” for accuracy.

Last edited:
Ok I’m taking time off for real. Doing jits one armed is retarded, even for me.

You are probably going to get hurt doing just about anything unless you live in a test tube and only come out to SBD. May as well do what you like doing IMO.

Same dude injured the same elbow during class Tuesday. I was posting on the arm and he did some dumb shit where he kicked my elbow inadvertently and it hyperextended. I then loop choked the shit out of him but the arm hurts worse so I think he got the better of the match

I have had systemic elbow pain for going on four years. At one point couldn't drive with my left arm. Got a cortisone shot, did nothing. Did physical therapy twice a week for 8 weeks, did nothing. Finally went back to an old school method. Started doing tricep push downs with very low resistance with a slow deliberate pace on the up portion. This is the only thing that has helped. Now I am back to do BJJ, pullups, and basically all my other lifts. I try and warm up with 100 reps pushdowns (really light band and quick just to warm up the tendons) before I workout. When it starts to act up, I add the pushdowns into my workout a couple of times of week. Haven't missed a training day in the last year and a half due to my elbow.
Try it out.

Bry

How many times are you training a week? I realized as I get older. Two a days are not feasible anymore. Even training 5 days in a row is excessive now.

Usually a slow fix with that kind of thing. Hurt my elbow more in throwing events in track and field. Just having my arm hang out off the side of the bed from the elbow, few minutes each day helped over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back