Eight Fighters Cut (Incl. Ben Saunders and Junior Albini)

Which cuts do you disagree with?

• Total voters
Brandon Davis and Saunders, the rest some go from "who da fook is that guy" to "good, fuck him".

LOVE Ben Saunders !!!!!

One of my all time favorite performers... Ya never know what's gonna happen when he enters the cage.

If he continues to fight... I will watch and root for him every time. I don't care where.

Also:

"Mission Control"

~~Joe Rogan

fights with Peterson and Bochniak were fun, short notice fight where he moved up to take on Zabit

but yea he also dropped his last two and is getting close to being .500 record I see why UFC released him
You're misremembering the Bochniak fight, that involved lots of point fighting from Kyle's side.

Brandon couldn't deal with basic circling.

LOVE Ben Saunders !!!!!

One of my all time favorite performers... Ya never know what's gonna happen when he enters the cage.
Every time he entered the cage I had a feeling he was going to get knocked out and I was always correct.....

Every time he entered the cage I had a feeling he was going to get knocked out and I was always correct.....

You must be new to this whole MMA thing in that case.
'
Ben has many quality wins, including ten in the UFC

So does Ken shamrock. The ufc should sign him back up too!

Hey... I'm not saying the cut wasn't merited.

Just that Ben was a solid performer that gave us great fights, took short notice calls against anyone and had a good career.

Journeyman … Yep.

Great fighter... Yep

Jin Soo Son lost competitive fights against Yan & Bautista in FOTNs.

I guess they need to cut Miles Johns too, Bautista iced his ass.

Ben I think returned for a short-notice fight after he'd been cut. Then he stayed around. He should have turned down Matt Brown.

If Junior did his walkout with a pacifier and baby bonnet he would still be in the ufc.

Saunders should've been cut several fights ago for his own health. His chin is clearly gone and he can't hang with UFC caliber fighters.

I like Ben and he hangs around here sometimes. It's sad to see him cut but I wonder how he feels about it. I honestly think for some of these guys it's better if they go to Bellator or OneFC or some other league where they can be more towards the "top" of those leagues and get some more fights.

I don't think it's great for some of these guys to be stuck on an undercard once a year. I know the UFC is the goal of some guys but, like I said, better off to get 3-4 fights in a different league than have to sit and wait for the UFC to find you a fight for $10k/$10k every 10 months.

They should cut about 80 more. Way too many average fighters in the UFC, cough WMMA cough.

I'm surprised to see Brad Katona on that list.

Ben Saunders (10-10 UFC)
Junior Albini (1-4 UFC)
Nathan Coy (1-2 UFC)
Brandon Davis (2-5 UFC)
Kalindra Faria (0-3 UFC)
Grigorii Popov (0-2 UFC)
Jin Soo Son (0-2 UFC)
Daniel Spitz (1-3 UFC)

They also cut Lucie Pudilova, and honestly, she will be more missed than any of those. All her fights were fun as fuck. She brought it every time.

lucie-pudilova.jpg

Back