Eh yo Jon what would you do against this?

Against a dude you cannot hurt but he can hurt you with any single strike?

Come on... I always liked Chuck and enjoyed his fights but to compare him to the top LHW of today, Jones, DC, Gus, and Rumble, he loses badly to all 4 of them.

He was the king at a time when his closest rivals at LHW were Randy and Tito.

Chuck was the greatest LHW of his time and one of the best pure punchers in MMA history imo.

If they fought, I'd have Jones via first-round KO

yikes, Mulder.

you need a sandwich and a nap.

weve all made drunk threads that people havent really responded to,
but watching you quote yourself in your own thread makes me feel bad for ya.

lol what? Maybe for his weight class he has one of the best resumes but i hope you are not talking all of MMA. Guys like Nog and Werdum fought and beat much better and much more dangerous fighters that were actually in their primes. Jon's resume is overrated AF with older and smaller fighters. (Not to mention the dozens of eyepokes, and the fact his testosterone was extremely suspicious while DC's was normal). Jon would have a few more losses if he fought as many prime killers as Nog and Werdum.
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. There's no way of actually knowing if Jon would have more losses had he fought back then, or if he'd have an even better resume. You have to take into account the fact that he'd be able to juice to his heart's content, so you'd have the best version of Jones every time he stepped into the cage.

Chuck does pose a threat to Jones, but there's no guarantee that he wouldn't have trouble with Jones' range and wrestling. You have to remember that Chuck was very hittable and his opponents usually got the better of him until he turned things around with his power. My guess would be that Jones would fight very defensively, using his kicks and footwork to avoid most of Chuck's strikes, he'd get caught here and there, but I don't think Chuck would be able to seal the deal before getting clinched and thrown.

It wouldn't be a domination one way or another, but I give Jon the edge.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. There's no way of actually knowing if Jon would have more losses had he fought back then, or if he'd have an even better resume. You have to take into account the fact that he'd be able to juice to his heart's content, so you'd have the best version of Jones every time he stepped into the cage.

Chuck does pose a threat to Jones, but there's no guarantee that he wouldn't have trouble with Jones' range and wrestling. You have to remember that Chuck was very hittable and his opponents usually got the better of him until he turned things around with his power. My guess would be that Jones would fight very defensively, using his kicks and footwork to avoid most of Chuck's strikes, he'd get caught here and there, but I don't think Chuck would be able to seal the deal before getting clinched and thrown.

It wouldn't be a domination one way or another, but I give Jon the edge.
We've already had that version of Jones everytime he's stepped into the cage....

Rampage handled prime Chuck with relative ease, and Jones was better than any version of either of them. He was also stopped by the Natural while still in his prime.

I don't like Jon. I do like Chuck. But this site really puts Chuck on a weird pedestal where he gets a pass for every single loss as being 'past his prime' but won't make the same argument for someone like Fedor. Even the Rampage KO was depicted that way, even though he just beat Tito like 5 months before and hadn't suffered any KO's to that point. Rashad was also given zero credit despite Chuck being in a war with Wand before that and not having any chin issues in that fight.

Truth is Chuck was a bit of a sloppy striker (he was mostly effective with flurries) and his power is simply overrated. He hit hard, but not like prime Rampage or Rumble or some shit.

When I was quite a bit younger my coworkers and I would talk about filthy things we'd prefer to do rather than face off with Chuck.

There were many.

Jones would kill Chuck within first 2 minutes. He is by far the best fighter in mma ever.

It's funny how people have convinced themselves Chuck would be able to KO Jon by swinging for the fences.

Jon's chin is outstanding he's great at fighting on the inside as well as picking guys apart at range. Chuck Lindell is a fissile of the sport he's not technical and Jon Jones would finish him quicker than he finished the guys he fought that beat Chuck Liddell.

Jones has every skill in the book. During the prime of his career he never really showed weaknesses. You can argue his technical striking was not great, yet nobody ever really was able to beat him up standing except for Alexander and Jones still won that fight, almost finishing him in the fourth round. His wrestling is amazing, his game plan is always amazing, he has incredible heart and never quits. There are no holes in his game.

You thought he looked great vs Rashad in 2010? I watched that live and that was a terrible disappointment. It was a far cry from the 2001 to 2008 Rampage. He was never the same after he got in trouble with the law in like 2008.

He also was gifted a controversial decision over Machida. That was not prime Rampage in 2011 when he fought Jones.

I am a rampage Jackson fan but if you are saying that he was only in his prime when he fought in Japan, how do you account for the lackluster performances in Japan? The knockout losses to Silva? Shogun whooped him.. A SD win over Shoguns brother. Forrest took a decision over him with Rampage as champ in the UFC.. Now to be 100% fair I thought rampage won that fight. But still it was razor thin.

Jones has every skill in the book. During the prime of his career he never really showed weaknesses. You can argue his technical striking was not great, yet nobody ever really was able to beat him up standing except for Alexander and Jones still won that fight, almost finishing him in the fourth round. His wrestling is amazing, his game plan is always amazing, he has incredible heart and never quits. There are no holes in his game.
"Jones has every skill in the book"

tbh, a lil bit reachin´there... When did u see him off his back? Do you have any evidence that he´s got a decent submission arsenal? Has he ever attempted an armbar, for instance?

"Jones has every skill in the book"

tbh, a lil bit reachin´there... When did u see him off his back? Do you have any evidence that he´s got a decent submission arsenal? Has he ever attempted an armbar, for instance?

That’s fair. His wrestling is so good we never see him on the mat like that. And if DC could not do it I don’t know who can quite frankly? But in terms of does he have that? That’s fair. He does have submissions in dominant positions though. We have seen that.

Bader
Vitor
Machida

All submitted..

That’s fair. His wrestling is so good we never see him on the mat like that. And if DC could not do it I don’t know who can quite frankly? But in terms of does he have that? That’s fair. He does have submissions in dominant positions though. We have seen that.

Bader
Vitor
Machida

All submitted..

I will be the first to admit that sub on machida was nice.

And unlike every other lhw legend jon beat, machida was still in his prime there imo

Back