Welterweight 170 lb Ramazan Kuramagomedov vs. John Howard
Welterweight 170 lb Raimond Magomedaliev vs. Anthony Njokuani

Preliminary Card

Featherweight 145 lb Arman Ospanov vs. Dylan Salvador
Heavyweight 265 lb Yorgan De Castro vs. Shaun Asher
Catchweight 165 lb Miles Hunsinger vs. Demarques Jackson
Bantamweight 135 lb Shawn Bunch vs. Adi Alić
Catchweight 165 lb Loik Radzhabov vs. Zach Zane

I am honestly not too amazed at this card, I think they could have used more off their Russian guys instead off having these mismatches.

Yorgen vs. Asher will be over quick or one off the worst bouts imaginable

Heavyweight 265 lb Tyrone Spong vs. Sergei Kharitonov
Light Heavyweight 205 lb Rashad Evans vs. Gabriel Checco
Bantamweight 135 lb Ray Borg vs. Cody Gibson

Preliminary Card

I am honestly not too amazed at this card, I think they could have used more off their Russian guys instead off having these mismatches.

I think it's a decent enough introduction to the US market. At the end of the day, Khabib wants his org to be a prospect churning operation rather than a competitor to the UFC or Bellator, so showcase fights make sense.

Covid, injuries and visa issues probably affected the card as well.

I think it's a decent enough introduction to the US market. At the end of the day, Khabib wants his org to be a prospect churning operation rather than a competitor to the UFC or Bellator, so showcase fights make sense.

Covid, injuries and visa issues probably affected the card as well.
This are no prospects … aside from 2/3 guys… there are more than 10 guys managed by Ali … WSOF matchmaking 101 … I will watch …

This are no prospects … aside from 2/3 guys… there are more than 10 guys managed by Ali … WSOF matchmaking 101 … I will watch …
I think that's my issue. Ramazan Kuramagomedov is the only prospect on the card, everyone else are vets that have been around for a long while.

I'd argue that Magomedaliev, Kuramagomedov, Salvador and Hunsinger are prospects. Radzhabov kind of is, even though he's 31 I guess.

Maybe I should rephrase my statement, EFL is, at its core, supposed to be a showcase league for prospects and/or Ali clients.

Preliminary Card

It's just to establish a name I think. People might tune in to tsee a main card with 5 former UFC fighters with 1 champion and 1 title challenger with a PRIDE vet and a relatively famous kickboxer in the main. Once they have a foothold in the US audience perhaps they'll start to throw your Mehdi Dakaev's at US cards.

Preliminary Card

Probably majority of their Russian fighters doesn't have visas.
And wrong flag near Ospanov, he is Kazakhstani.

Khabib is getting chunky. He is gonna end up looking like his father
If I am not mistaken either Abdulmanap or uncle of Khabib said something like Abdulmanap was able to compete in 60-something kilos until he was 30/30-something (I think in sports with the same day weigh-ins). Implying that Khabib now is already fatter than Abdulmanap in his years.

Nice!! Will be watching this for sure. A lot of former UFC guys, plus it's free. I was always a big fan on Kharitoniv too. I feel like if he kept his weight in check and continued working his ground game and not go head hunting, he had potential to do big things.

Also, I'm assuming Khabib's league doesn't have a lot of female fighters on their cards..... ;)

Nice!! Will be watching this for sure. A lot of former UFC guys, plus it's free. I was always a big fan on Kharitoniv too. I feel like if he kept his weight in check and continued working his ground game and not go head hunting, he had potential to do big things.

Also, I'm assuming Khabib's league doesn't have a lot of female fighters on their cards..... ;)
Lol’ none… no ladies

Sad to see spong dropped the boxing ambition after pissing hot

Really looking forward to this one. Spong vs Sergei is a bang. Sergei made a Cheick Kongo fight exciting last time out. There's no way this one won't be absolute fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back