Edson VS Justin: Who you got

Who wins the fight

• Total voters
I think Barboza wins, and I hope it's by some spinning shit

What a sick fight. I favor Edson ever so slightly because of how hittable Gaethje has been but I really don't know. I've changed my mind on this fight now about 4 times.

If Edson stays calm, then Edson ALL DAY.

This is what I love about Gaethje fights.

Just as it did for every other Gaethje opponent, for Edson this matchup boils down to whether or not he can shut Justin’s lights off before his own life status bar runs out.

I think it’ll look a lot like the Tony Ferguson fight. Can Justin eat those vicious shots on his way in? If so he’ll eventually break EB down like Tony did. But man, Edson throws some heat.

Edson Barboza is undoubtedly the more dangerous striker, but on the other hand Justin has insane endurance, ability to take punishment. It’s the classic unstoppable force vs an unmovable object. Who you got?

I really like your description.

This is such a hard fucking fight to call, Gayje has all the tools to beat Barboza but the question is...will ge use them?

From a pre-fight perspective this feels like such a pick ‘em fight.

Gaethje is more durable it seems, although he’s taken a lot of punishment throughout his UFC tenure.

Barboza has the skills and technique to end it with one kick/knee, but he will have to walk through hell to land it.

Guess I’ll go with Gaethje; in a war of attrition I think Justin will be the last man standing.

That’s what I’m thinking too. If it goes past round 2 I don’t see Edson getting the win
For me it’s the opposite. I think Justin could starch him early but rewatching his fights, Justin has gassed unbelievably in all of his UFC fights in about the 3rd. Barboza is usually good in the 3rd, that’s where he gets most of his finishes

For me it’s the opposite. I think Justin could starch him early but rewatching his fights, Justin has gassed unbelievably in all of his UFC fights in about the 3rd. Barboza is usually good in the 3rd, that’s where he gets most of his finishes
You may be right. The other thing people forget about Justin is his background is wrestling. So that may play in as well

Back