Edson Barboza too fast for Anthony Pettis

Mufasa

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
pettis probably gets Koed here.

Thoughts?

Too bad his chin isn't good enough to survive against Pettis.

Very interesting fight.

Anyone claiming to predict the outcome is just being stupid, this could go either way as both guys are deadly strikers. Really excited for this one.

Who? That guy who got knocked down by a jab?

Pettis is overrated. He would get destroyed by Khabib, RDA, Mcgregor, Ferguson, Brown, and a lot more.

How the fuck do you go from being the lightweight champ to a losing streak, and worst of all, how the fuck do you get beaten by Eddie Alvarez lol.

50/50, both guys are pretty inconsistent but can finish at any moment.

and neither deal with pressure well, dunno what'll happen.

Barbie has a better offensive wrestling and ground game too. Trains with Edgar after all.

Pettis isn't KOable dude. Barboza will go down, he is a sacrificial lamb for Anthony. He will put a fight but he is getting finished

This is a damn good fight. There will lots of crazy spinning shit flying in this one.

Never been impressed by Barboza personally.

I see Barboza getting caught with something and finished like he usually does when he steps up in competition. I also see his fanboys saying "yea but did you see how explosive he looked before he got caught".

Pettis takes this one and looks impressive doing it. Barboza will be too willing to oblige him on the feet.

8/10 times Pettis takes this fight. I'm sensing sacrifice here. Barboza can win this fight but it's he's not going to win being the Muay Thai wrecking ball he normally is. He'd have to go out out character and use TDs and GnP. It hard to change instinct.

1st round will be electric. barboza must hurt pettis in the 1st to survive the later rounds. if cerrone could land a counter strike to drop barboza, pettis' arsenal should be too much for barboza. pettis is a sniper and has a better ground game.

Pettis will have to implement the Ferguson strategy: move quickly, use diverse, frequent attacks, and be able to take some shots.

We'll see if he can take some shots.

RDA is a bad dude - but Pettis didn't show much in that fight.

This fight could be even uglier if he doesn't have a better showing.

Back