Edson Barboza too fast for Anthony Pettis

Barboza can be fast as he wwants..pettis will ko him no joke

Pettis isn't KOable dude. Barboza will go down, he is a sacrificial lamb for Anthony. He will put a fight but he is getting finished
Pettis' chin is being eroded every beating he takes. Jump kicking off a cage wall doesn't make your chin strong.

pettis probably gets Koed here.

Thoughts?
this would make me very happy but i actually think Pettis might take this fight although i think he is a little mentally broken since he lost two fights in a row

50/50, both guys are pretty inconsistent but can finish at any moment.

and neither deal with pressure well, dunno what'll happen.

I'd give the slight edge to Pettis because he's beaten tougher competition.

I love this matchup. I'm curious to see how Pettis takes those brutal body kicks of Barboza. Ferguson took them like a boss, but many would have folded.

8/10 times Pettis takes this fight. I'm sensing sacrifice here. Barboza can win this fight but it's he's not going to win being the Muay Thai wrecking ball he normally is. He'd have to go out out character and use TDs and GnP. It hard to change instinct.
Nah he was winning his last fight until he went for a takedown and a got submitted. Contrary to popular belief, it's not that easy to take Pettis down. Especially if you aren't a wrestler.

Pettis' chin is being eroded every beating he takes. Jump kicking off a cage wall doesn't make your chin strong.
Well he's only taken 1 beating that I can remember and his chin looked pretty good in it.

Barboza by decision. there will be no KO in this fight. I got Barboza by close-ish decision

Pretty silly to rule Barboza out of this one. Should Pettis be cut with a loss?

Barboza, the biggest will win fighter that never wins against great competition.

Pettis may looked like shit but it takes someone like Conor to beat him on feet.

8/10 times Pettis takes this fight. I'm sensing sacrifice here. Barboza can win this fight but it's he's not going to win being the Muay Thai wrecking ball he normally is. He'd have to go out out character and use TDs and GnP. It hard to change instinct.
Pettis has super slick jiu-jitsu off his back though. To catch Henderson and Gil is impressive. This is the best fight in the LW division, imo

Pettis is overrated. He would get destroyed by Khabib, RDA, Mcgregor, Ferguson, Brown, and a lot more.

How the fuck do you go from being the lightweight champ to a losing streak, and worst of all, how the fuck do you get beaten by Eddie Alvarez lol.
Overrated? Man you Pettis haters are too much.

Pettis ko rd 1 Edsons defense is awful and his jaw is made of glass I think the only way to beat Pettis is to wrestle box him like RDA did plus Pettis has a good chin which showed in the RDA fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back