Edson Barboza: "I think Ferguson might beat Khabib"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“I think Ferguson (should be favored) because he’s a little bit better striker. He’s more creative. Everybody knows what Khabib is doing but he does it very well. Everybody knows but nobody can stop it. I feel Ferguson because he’s a little bit more creative, you never know what’s coming,” Barboza continued.

“It’s going to be a great fight. Very excited for this one. It’s funny because sometimes I see the fight, I think about the fight and think it’s a good fight for Khabib. But at the same time, Ferguson is hard to fight. His style, he’s a little bit different with everybody,” Barboza said.

“Both guys have power. I feel Khabib has a little bit more power, especially on the ground, he’s a little bit stronger. Like I said, some things Khabib is better, some things Tony Ferguson is better. It makes the match exciting,” Barboza concluded.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...as-a-good-chance-to-beat-khabib-nurmagomedov/

Barboza bless

In the meantime i'll leave you guys to enjoy a little bit of El Cucuy showing his skillset on the keyboards

Last edited:
I respect Barboza's opinion here but I think he's remembering the Tony he faced

And even though Tony hasn't lost since then I don't think he's quite the same force of nature he was at that time

Hope I'm wrong though I wanna see both these guys competing at their best

nah
khabib rides him for 5 rounds then all sherdog will say he was a can

I respect Barboza's opinion here but I think he's remembering the Tony he faced

And even though Tony hasn't lost since then I don't think he's quite the same force of nature he was at that time

Hope I'm wrong though I wanna see both these guys competing at their best

Tony is almost 38

Better than looking like this
edson-barboza-tony-ferguson-mma-the-ultimate-fighter-finale-barboza-vs-ferguson.jpg

I disagree with Barboza. This is a horrible match-up for Tony. Tony has mediocre TD defense and does not have big power in his hands to keep Khabibi off of him. Khabibi has GSP like top control and will take Tony down, beat him up...repeat for 3-4 rounds until Tony is a bloody mess.

conor-mcgregor-taps-out-to-khabib-gif.gif

Conor lost

Nothing will ever change that

The PTSD from October 2018 still haunts you <Lmaoo>

Question: After a man gives his honest opinion on both fighters, since he fought both and of course lost to both, why did you feel it necessary to post a picture of him of being grounded and pounded by Khabib?

I really don't understand the logic there.

Is it because he was bold enough to say that Tony COULD possibly win?

I’d love for Tony to be champ , but he’s almost 40

Too many people are sleeping on Tony. He has offensive weapons everywhere he goes, including off of his back. Most of the people Khabib faces aren't that good off their back. Tony is going to make him work everywhere. If this fight gets out of the second round, it's not going to be easy for Khabib

I think he might win as well, but he probably won't.

I’d love for Tony to be champ , but he’s almost 40
DC was champ at 40, Stipe, Tyron Woodley, Anderson Silva, Werdum, etc were champs in their late 30s, Yoel is a top 3 middleweight and he's almost 43, etc. Its not a death sentence anymore. What usually hurts LWs and under is speed decline but Tony has never really relied on speed, and he's been the slower man in many fights he's won.

Tony is good off his back...against normal fighters. Guys who sit in guard. The fighter kevin lee mounted him in the 1st round and he had 0ngastank due to illness..i.e. staph. Khabib will be able to easily take him down. Once down, tony cant use his elbows of slicing or BJJ simply because of khabibs positioning. He doesnt stay in guard and even when he is, he knows to keep his head tight to the chest and into his chin. There is not much room for elbows. Khabib generally doesnt get in positions where hi is in danger of subs or elbows. Yes I saw him give Dustin the guillotine, but it was on purpose to tire Dustin, and it worked like a charm. He won't give it to someone like Tony who is a legit threat.

Back