Edson Barboza: "I think Ferguson might beat Khabib"

I disagree with Barboza. This is a horrible match-up for Tony. Tony has mediocre TD defense and does not have big power in his hands to keep Khabibi off of him. Khabibi has GSP like top control and will take Tony down, beat him up...repeat for 3-4 rounds until Tony is a bloody mess.

Although I agree and think this is how the fight will play out, Tony ATTACKS from bottom, unlike the other guys Khabib has fought and taken down. He has a super diverse submission game, which, may never ever actually get the job done because Khabib is an extremely good grappler, but it could set up exchanges that lead to Tony getting back up in scrambles and perhaps landing a choke, which, as good as Khabib is at grappling, even he can get caught in one by a high level grappler like Tony.

Also, he uses elbows and uses them very frequently. It’s hard to train for elbows from bottom I think. Doesn’t mean I think Tony will win, but, he does have avenues to victory. Much more so than basically everyone else he’s fought in a long time.

it there anyone that dont think that Ferguson might beat Khabib?
what a title

Lol@suggesting that fruitloop ferguson is going to choke out Khabib..
Lets hope that Tony does jump straight into a guard

At 57 years old it will be very impressive indeed when Tony takes that strap...

So.. are we all just going to ignore the bizarreness of that video..?

I respect Barboza's opinion here but I think he's remembering the Tony he faced

And even though Tony hasn't lost since then I don't think he's quite the same force of nature he was at that time

Hope I'm wrong though I wanna see both these guys competing at their best
This is a huge point. Ferguson's wars seem to have diminished him, in my eyes. He looks a step slower in there. When you see his fight with Donald, it has very little in common with the Tony we saw against Edson. The same can be said of his fight with Pettis. Pettis gave Tony all he could handle on the feet.

Wars diminish fighters all the time, not the least of which is his war with Edson. Fights that crazy, guys lose a step for sure. Tony's fights are all crazy!

Tony has always relied on his length, endurance, ground game, and being an absolute lunatic. All those traits age well
Once that chin cracks, he's Diego Sanchez

I have no horse in this race but it's funny Edson thinks hes an oddsmaker. Tony should not be favored in this fight and I trust the people in Vegas with the odds( this doesnt mean Tony cant win- in fact- itd be a mild upset if he did win ).

One of the more anticipated fights thst , finally, looks like it's going to come to fruition.

“I think Ferguson (should be favored) because he’s a little bit better striker. He’s more creative. Everybody knows what Khabib is doing but he does it very well. Everybody knows but nobody can stop it. I feel Ferguson because he’s a little bit more creative, you never know what’s coming,” Barboza continued.

“It’s going to be a great fight. Very excited for this one. It’s funny because sometimes I see the fight, I think about the fight and think it’s a good fight for Khabib. But at the same time, Ferguson is hard to fight. His style, he’s a little bit different with everybody,” Barboza said.

“Both guys have power. I feel Khabib has a little bit more power, especially on the ground, he’s a little bit stronger. Like I said, some things Khabib is better, some things Tony Ferguson is better. It makes the match exciting,” Barboza concluded.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...as-a-good-chance-to-beat-khabib-nurmagomedov/

Barboza bless

In the meantime i'll leave you guys to enjoy a little bit of El Cucuy showing his skillset on the keyboards

The keyboard dude... bahahahaha

Of course he can, Tony is so creative and crafty and very good everywhere, and also has best cardio in entire UFC roster in my opinion, its a huge fight and very hard to call.

Back