Edmen Shahbazyan Vs. Jack Hermansson

Who’s gonna get the win?

• Total voters
Jack will use his cardio to spam TD attempts until Edmen wears down, then get a sub or TKO. Edmen has a puncher's chance.

Hermansson, I would like Shahbazyan to be successful, but that won't happen at Glendale FC.

I think Edmen has worked on the weakness he's shown in the Brunson fight during his time off and would come back in this one with a vengeance. If he'll be able to put up his strikes well and have the same aggression that he's shown in his wins, I think he'll be able to win and might actually finish Jack. I like Jack and he has great submission skills but I just don't know if he has the same caliber with Brunson when it comes to offensive/chain wrestling. He often relies on his MT/striking and I think Edmen could hang with and get the better of him. Picking Edmen to bounce back, but won't mind if Jack wins.

Bonus: Edmen and friends recreating the infamous Dagestani bath tub scene

Who do you have winning this fight? Edmen had all the promise in the world until recently being added to the victim list of Derek Brunson. Do you think he’ll bounce back, or is he just not ready for this level of competition?

View attachment 855648

In the other corner we’ve got Jack Hermansson. Jack has been competing with the very best names in the division for quite awhile now. In order to maintain his status as a top contender, a win here is vital.

View attachment 855649

Who you got sherdog?
I wonder if shabazyan still only has 1 round cardio

I don’t get why the UFC hype machine chooses to build a guy like O’Malley quite slowly and then throws a 23yo dude with Ronda’s hype behind him to the wolves. Hermansson has a top level ground game and plenty of experience at the top, it’s a step down from Brunson, but a small one. He should be fighting someone like Meerschaert or Giles imo, Holland would be fun too, but not a top 10 guy again. I like Hermansson’s chances here.

I don’t get why the UFC hype machine chooses to build a guy like O’Malley quite slowly and then throws a 23yo dude with Ronda’s hype behind him to the wolves. Hermansson has a top level ground game and plenty of experience at the top, it’s a step down from Brunson, but a minimal one. He should be fighting someone like Meerschaert or Giles imo, Holland would be fun too, but not a top 10 guy again. I like Hermansson’s chances here.
It was a generational thing because omalley has access to the 18 and under group because of his twitch presence.

But strictly from a ufc fan/talent perspective I completely agree

I don’t get why the UFC hype machine chooses to build a guy like O’Malley quite slowly and then throws a 23yo dude with Ronda’s hype behind him to the wolves. Hermansson has a top level ground game and plenty of experience at the top, it’s a step down from Brunson, but a small one. He should be fighting someone like Meerschaert or Giles imo, Holland would be fun too, but not a top 10 guy again. I like Hermansson’s chances here.

I'm not sure it even is a step down from Brunson. Tough fight for Edmen.

I'm not sure it even is a step down from Brunson. Tough fight for Edmen.

Yeah, I think Jack is about even with Brunson, if not better. One thing is for sure, jack is the better finisher.

Not sure Jack has been competing “against the very best in the division” — last three fights have been against big names, but he got dominated in two of them. Otherwise he’s beaten a shot Jacare and a bunch of unranked people. Shabazyan has only lost once. I’m with Edmen.

Im going with Jack but definitely wouldn't be surprised if Edmen knocks him out.he has looked great outside of a tough fight with Stewart and losing to brunson.i was very impressed with his performance against Tavares .

Stop underrating Brunson. Of course it is.

There's no room for subjectivity in a basic ladder ranking system, so he's gonna have to beat Till to move ahead of Hermansson in my books!

I've never understood the hype that Jack has. Definitely dulled with his last few fights. But I've never been impressed. Edmen Definitely lost a ton of shine after the Brunson beating. But I'm gonna go with him on this one. I don't think Jack can do to him what Brunson did and unless he's gunshy, he should take it.

Edmen is a hyped up trashcan.

Jack will STOMP

Cuz that dogshit wmma fight is a #1 contender fight, ugh
Hows this chick still in the UFC

eskittlesfd01de70addf3d21.gif

Idk but I find it weird that the poll is absurdly one sided even though the betting odds are pretty tight
I have no issues with Jack being the favorite. Not saying Edmen can't land a big kick or something but experience is a big factor here.

Back