Edmen Shahbazyan Vs. Jack Hermansson

Who’s gonna get the win?

• Total voters
Hows this chick still in the UFC

eskittlesfd01de70addf3d21.gif
Cause she keeps winning. Obviously

I have no issues with Jack being the favorite. Not saying Edmen can't land a big kick or something but experience is a big factor here.
Yeah I just didn’t quite expect it to be like Valentina shevchenko kind of favorite in the polls and then a practically even line. It’s quite rare we see something like this

Haha, barely anyone dares to believe in Edmen...
I think it's a little bit harsh, as basically all young fighters lose sometime, and then learn from it to improve.

That being said, it would be dumb to against the more experienced guy, so I too will side with Jack.

Hermansson, Tapology has Edmen slightly favourite it seems but I don't see it.

Jack can certainly fall victim to Edmen's furious flurry of violence in the first, he's just such an awkward striker that even Vettori managed to knock him down and, even though I love Marvin, that's not a good omen when it comes to fighting a prolific finisher like Shahbazyan.

On the flipside, I don't think one camp is enough to fix the problems with Edmen's game. In fact, a more passive approach might be his undoing in a matchup like this, against a guy who can and has been overwhelmed before.

Back in the regional circuit Jack was known for pretty much playing with his food to an extent and scoring late finishes time and time again, regardless of the quality of his opposition. That suddenly changed once he realized he could simply pin guys down and go ham on them and beat them into submission, usually hitting a wall against guys that had him beat on physicality.

Santos, Cannonier, Vettori and even Ferreira were quite simply better than him athletically, with some having technical advantages over him in other aspects to boot. Is Shahbazyan in the same league as them? Yes and no, I do believe he has the athleticism to negate Jack's offense early, but the gap on the feet isn't as big as it was between Jack and Cannonier, and I doubt he'd command the grappling advantage Cezar and Marvin did.

Having said all that, I do favor Edmen slightly due to how good he can be early but I am picking Jack to gut out a bad start to pull out a late finish.

Edmen is not yet ready for the big league, his skills are yet lacking.

Jack's not a wrestler, so question is what level of TD's Edmen can stuff. He should have better stand-up.

I don’t get why the UFC hype machine chooses to build a guy like O’Malley quite slowly and then throws a 23yo dude with Ronda’s hype behind him to the wolves. Hermansson has a top level ground game and plenty of experience at the top, it’s a step down from Brunson, but a small one. He should be fighting someone like Meerschaert or Giles imo, Holland would be fun too, but not a top 10 guy again. I like Hermansson’s chances here.
maybe because o malley is more of a trash talker while edmen is a quite guy and not that marketable

Why teh fuck isn't this co-main?

<JagsKiddingMe>
i know right? its a really exciting fight and edmen was literally the main event in his last fight
crazy that they are letting him open the card after only one loss

80% of Sherdog knows

Beat the bookies and Tapology

Yeah, I was surprised Shabazyan was such a favourite on lots of sites. His striking looked slick in round 1, then he got absolutely mauled for the most part, which is how I saw it going. He needs to be fighting guys like Andreas Michailidis, Deron Winn etc, not top contenders yet.

Back