• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Edmen Shahbazyan vs Gerald Meerschaert set for August 24th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Hunter Campbell really picked the right two names on the board for this one. (Squeeze rhe last out of old fighters as there's not much great new talent that isn't Poatan (37))

the UFC is going places - just look at the agent commentating on Twitter receiving updates.

Should be a winnable fight for Edmen but he seems to squander opportunities given to him.

Is he still fighting under Edmond Tarverdyan?

Should be an easy fight for Edmen.

Unfortunately, after crushing Meerschaert, Edmen's momentum will die off again when he loses to a ranked opponent

Hard for me ever to root against MerShart. He just seems like such a nice average dude. He's easy to relate to. I just wish I had his BJJ skills 😉

I don't even know who I think will win, but I know I'll be betting on GM3 by round 3 finish.

The GOAT GM3 aka the Shart will sub edbum Ezpz

Let's see if Shabangbang can avoid Gerald's subs. He should be able to chin him I think.

Comes down entirely to how the first five minutes goes. This feels like Edmen's last chance to show that his fundamental problems have been solved in regards to conditioning & defensive grappling. They've given him Gerald who excels in those two fields... but is otherwise a pretty middling fighter who's slow & unathletic as can be, a mediocre wrestler, and not a particularly great striker.

Edmen stands a very good chance at just blitzing Gerald while he's still "cold" in the first round and putting him to sleep with hard, fast shots. Edmen is remarkably dangerous in the first round and we've seen Gerald get caught and put down early on multiple occasions. However... if he fails to put GM3 away cleanly, I think we'll probably just see another fight where Edmen inevitably gasses out and ends up getting kicked in the ribs by a bloodied Meerschaert who inevitably scrambles onto his back and chokes him out in the third round.

I'll probably pick Shahbazyan based on the early danger he presents and because at his age he should have more potential for improvement (not to mention he has been competitive with better fighters who were even more of stylistic nightmares, a la Fluffy)... but not with any real degree of confidence.

I think Edmen should've been cut a while back, he only got into the UFC because of Ronda. He reminds of Sergio Pettis, got into the UFC early without much experience outside of it and it showed.

Not saying Edmen can't improve, but he seems to have not, even in his last win he didn't look great.

Back