Edgar's chin exaggerated?

Nobody has ever praised his chin. His heart, fawgetabotit.

We'll never know since Conor would never touch him. Frankie would take him down fairly easily and beat him into a living death on the ground.
Would he? Based on what exactly, Edgar taking down sloppy strikers with zero takedown defense?

hes fighting smaller men. Stephens had him a little rocked.

Stephens hits like a fucking hammer at 145. Hardest hitter in that division imo, with the possible exception of Mendes.

Did you see what Jeremy's head kick did to Rony Jason? Damn near killed the fucking guy. Frankie ate a Stephens head kick on the chin, lost his legs momentarily, then came back and finished the round on top threatening with subs and raining elbows. Very fucking legendary chin.

Stephens hits like a fucking hammer at 145. Hardest hitter in that division imo, with the possible exception of Mendes.

Did you see what Jeremy's head kick did to Rony Jason? Damn near killed the fucking guy. Frankie ate a Stephens head kick on the chin, lost his legs momentarily, then came back and finished the round on top threatening with subs and raining elbows. Very fucking legendary chin.
Every punch and kick is not the same man.. Absolutely not. Do you think all of Rumbles overhand rights and uppercuts have the same power? Regardless, in my OP I praised his chin.

gray had him out on his feet twice
plenty of refs have stopped fights for less

Every punch and kick is not the same man.. Absolutely not. Do you think all of Rumbles overhand rights and uppercuts have the same power? Regardless, in my OP I praised his chin.
Plus there's the fact that Stephens has finished 2 of his last 14 fights.

He got hurt badly and rocked all over the place by Gray Maynard. Gray Maynard has 2 ko's in 20 fights and both were over complete nobodies. You could make the argument that Aldo has a better chin since he was able to survive getting hit clean by Mendes several times. He took Cub down and controlled him, tko'd Mendes early etc... I'm not saying he has a bad chin but he's considered to have one of the best chin's in the history of mma yet he hasn't really been hit clean by any ko artists.
Chins become fragile the more times you get hit. Once you get knocked out, it only takes one bad knock out which Aldo for example suffered from Conor to make that thing loose as hell. Lights will go out a lot quicker. Aldo was rocked before before the Conor fight as well many times which didnt help his cause. Edgar is just one of those guys that can recover really fast. I think his recovery time is just much faster than most.

Very good chin, GOAT level recovery. Same is true for guys like Nick Diaz, Chris Lytle, etc.

Guys like prime Hunt, prime BJ, Condit etc. that just eat massive shots and don't even flinch are just next level in the chin department.

Chins become fragile the more times you get hit. Once you get knocked out, it only takes one bad knock out which Aldo for example suffered from Conor to make that thing loose as hell. Lights will go out a lot quicker. Aldo was rocked before before the Conor fight as well many times which didnt help his cause. Edgar is just one of those guys that can recover really fast. I think his recovery time is just much faster than most.

You think the fighter who recently lost to Max Holloway has a chin that's "loose as hell"???

Aldo took an ungodly thrashing in that 3rd round and never went out. He didn't lose that fight because his chin is shit now.

Good recovery/stamina/heart/cardio.

I don't think he'd recover from Conor's hits though. May as well get that outta the way.
Conor wold defo TKO him IMO. 'Efficient Conor's' TDD is on par with Aldo I'd say and he would just sit outside and piece up Frankie like he did to Frankie's training partner, Eduardo. People look at the wild haired pale crazy head hunting "Mystic Mac" from 189 and that is as different a fighter as you can find from the one at 205 and 202. I think that 196 fight turned Conor into an almost infallible killer who knows how to keep his energy, use his time/distance/spacing to make you fight on his terms. I also imagine Conor pre 196 would get mopped by Khabib but this new version may well piece Khabib up in a fashion similar to the Buchinger fight. And Lord help every fighter after Conor starts working with high level boxers and brings dem hands up to an even higher level.

You think the fighter who recently lost to Max Holloway has a chin that's "loose as hell"???

Aldo took an ungodly thrashing in that 3rd round and never went out. He didn't lose that fight because his chin is shit now.
I dont believe I said Holloway knocked him out. He did rock him hard just as Mendes did and Hominick. Basically his chin just isnt what it was before, as it shouldn't be. It just depends on the fighters tolerance. I mean its a scientific fact that fighters with a thick neck and strong traps helps keep your head from shaking too much when it gets hit, but there have been many fighters that don’t have abnormally thick necks and traps that can still take a pretty good punch. Being inactive doesnt help a fighter either.

Would he? Based on what exactly, Edgar taking down sloppy strikers with zero takedown defense?
He took down Penn multiple times at lightweight. One of the most difficult guys in the division to take down. The only one I can think of that he couldn't take down at all is Aldo.

hes fighting smaller men. Stephens had him a little rocked.

He's been fighting Aldo, Swanson, Mendes, and Stephens—Those are the hardest punchers in the division, and he's been rocked/dropped once in the past four and a half years, to Stephens, as I said.

I'm not sure how having some of the best defense in all of the UFC, and being dropped once in the past four years equates to

Hes got a chin like Masvidal. Very damn good but gets rocked/dropped more often than not.

He's been fighting Aldo, Swanson, Mendes, and Stephens—Those are the hardest punchers in the division, and he's been rocked/dropped once in the past four and a half years, to Stephens, as I said.

I'm not sure how having some of the best defense in all of the UFC, and being dropped once in the past four years equates to
Whats your point exactly? When did I ever criticize Edgars chin?

'Efficient Conor's' TDD is on par with Aldo I'd say

giphy.gif

35% td accuracy.
Those stats by themselves don't tell the whole story. He's fought a lot of fighters with outstanding takedown defense....Penn twice, Henderson twice, Aldo twice, Mendes, Maynard three times. Considering that, a TD accuracy of 35% is not bad at all.

Back