Edgar's chin exaggerated?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He got hurt badly and rocked all over the place by Gray Maynard. Gray Maynard has 2 ko's in 20 fights and both were over complete nobodies. You could make the argument that Aldo has a better chin since he was able to survive getting hit clean by Mendes several times. He took Cub down and controlled him, tko'd Mendes early etc... I'm not saying he has a bad chin but he's considered to have one of the best chin's in the history of mma yet he hasn't really been hit clean by any ko artists.

Maybe
But his recovery is insane

Never been finished by strikes in his entire MMA career, including 10 years in the UFC, while fighting the best of the best. Legendary chin as far as I'm concerned.

Good recovery/stamina/heart/cardio.

I don't think he'd recover from Conor's hits though. May as well get that outta the way.

Hes got a chin like Masvidal. Very damn good but gets rocked/dropped more often than not.

His heart stands out more than his chin tbh

For guys like DC, Hunt, Nelson, it's their chin that stands out

Less his chin and more his unholy recovery time. If you take pressure off the man for a second he's suddenly as fresh as he was before the fight started.

Good recovery/stamina/heart/cardio.

I don't think he'd recover from Conor's hits though. May as well get that outta the way.
Here we go... lol. I think Holloway would finish him as well. He's precise and can keep up a crazy pace, he wouldn't gas out in the 1st rd like Maynard.

The way he fights protects his chin. He's not one to abandon takedowns and brawl

His chin is great. His heart, determination, will, and recovery is legendary.

He gets dropped easily, but it seems impossible to put his lights out.

Prime Maynard hit a lot harder than Mendes. Lol prime Maynard was like 185 lean in there. If he never got chinny he would have been such a force. He was a straight up beast, don't underrate him because of the hard slide he took, there was a period where Maynard was a serious threat to anyone at 155.

It's more of a heart/recovery thing than chin I'd say.

Fighting the guys who Frankie has fought and never to have been knocked out or subbed is pretty fucking...
totally-awesome.gif

His chin is average, it's his recovery ability along with his heart that makes it's seem legendary.

Hes got a chin like Masvidal. Very damn good but gets rocked/dropped more often than not.

He's been rocked/dropped once in the past 4 and a half years, and he's been fighting the hardest hitters in the division.

He doesnt have a good chin, but recovery is very good. Just like Nate Diaz

He's been rocked/dropped once in the past 4 and a half years, and he's been fighting the hardest hitters in the division.
hes fighting smaller men. Stephens had him a little rocked.

We'll never know since Conor would never touch him. Frankie would take him down fairly easily and beat him into a living death on the ground.

Back