Edgar's chin exaggerated?

Those stats by themselves don't tell the whole story. He's fought a lot of fighters with outstanding takedown defense....Penn twice, Henderson twice, Aldo twice, Mendes, Maynard three times. Considering that, a TD accuracy of 35% is not bad at all.
Conor's 80% tdd is pretty impressive as well. He has been taken down 6 times in the UFC. 4 times by Mendes (short notice) and 2 times by Nate (first time was on short notice and he reversed the position). The second time was at the very end of the 5th round.

Conor's 80% tdd is pretty impressive as well. He has been taken down 6 times in the UFC. 4 times by Mendes (short notice) and 2 times by Nate (first time was on short notice and he reversed the position). The second time was at the very end of the 5th round.
The only two takedown guys he's fought are Mendes (who took him down almost at will) and Alvarez (who had no takedowns). 80% isn't very impressive when you're fighting people like Siver, Porier, etc. That's why those fight metric stats are worthless without context.

I don't think I've seen many people complement his chin to be honest with you. They talk about his heart, his recovery, his cardio.

Dude came back and scored a draw (arguably a win) in a fight where his opponent should've gotten like a 10-5 first round. Then did it again in his next fight, except this time he came back and KO'd his opponent.

Guy's chin/recovery is absolutely legendary.

Whats your point exactly? When did I ever criticize Edgars chin?

You said he gets dropped/rocked more often than not, which is just flat out wrong man.

You said he gets dropped/rocked more often than not, which is just flat out wrong man.
How so? Maybe not nearly as often since hes fighting smaller guys these days..

How so? Maybe not nearly as often since hes fighting smaller guys these days..
He isn't getting hit nearly as much. Most of what you are referring to happened 5+ years ago. Fighters can improve in that timespan.

Back