Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

We are in the minority.

If somebody see Edgar as a clear favorite or think he can take Aldo down easily, then, is gonna be a minority, if your analysis is incorrect of course you'll be in the minority :icon_neut

If somebody see Edgar as a clear favorite or think he can take Aldo down easily, then, is gonna be a minority, if your analysis is incorrect of course you'll be in the minority :icon_neut

what?

bendo is way bigger, actually seeing him take down bendo makes me wonder who he cant take down - i agree aldo is faster, but if edgar comes with the right game plan i think he can tire out aldo and land big shots, takedowns in later rounds

he needs to be obviously very aware of the strikes and keep the pressure going - seeing what happened to mendes probably doesnt make him feel too good - no easy task but edgar has done some crazy things in his career - if aldo wins, its a huge victory for him, in my book

henderson has been taking down in every one of his ufc fights. edgar was actually able to do the least when taking bendo down than any of henderson's other ufc opponents.

Aldo shredded Hominick in the rest of that fight. Aldo has never in any other fight gassed. He had the flu that night and wasn't 100%

Not saying the scenario you provided where Frankie provides constant pressure is impossible. But it's just as likely as Frankie getting hit and dropped pretty easily.

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

You can't really say he has amazing bjj, because that's just a legend...there's no proof.

Also, the only reason Mendes couldn't get him down was the cage grab.

Very hard fight for Frankie. It'd be awesome of he won.

Edgar has always used his speed to an advantage at LW, but being his first fight at this weight division who knows if he will be able to use that same game against other FWs in the division, yet alone Aldo! Aldo has used speed to his advantage his whole career, so this is going to be a VERY interesting fight. Aldos striking against Edgars heart.

Aldo is a FAR better finisher than Gray though, if Edgar gets caught then he will have to be lucky to get out of the onslaught.

Relatively speaking, Cain is better than Frankie, and Aldo is better than JDS. So no, I don't see that happening. I believe it will be competitive, though.

Nope because FW's don't gas as easily as HW's do. He might be able to do it in the later rounds but no way he's able to do that for 5 rounds straight.

I agree we'll see a beatdown on a similar level. Aldo's only chance is a TKO and we all know how hard that is to pull off on Frankie

Amazing BJJ my ass. His BJJ is about as proven as JDS's.

I can see Edgar tiring him out just like Cain did to JDS.

Maybe but I believe his bjj must be better, he trained with nova uniao even before becoming a mma fighter, nova uniao is a very good bjj camp. No disrespect to big nog but it's pretty obvious he gifted the belt to JDS.
My bjj instructor is like 5'6'' and a chubby 170(he is old nowadays and had tons of injuries, he was very athletic in the past) and 40 and rolled with JDS about 1.5 years ago.
He said JDS bjj is VERY WEAK, and despite 70 lbs difference he was basically winning by points(not an official match with a ref but he had and idea) I doubt he is much better nowadays.
God, he said I had better bjj(all things considered please, I'm not a professional fighter and a lot smaller than jds, he would beat me I know) lol

Agreed, TS.

Frankie has an underrated outside single leg, which is perfect if he catches an Aldo leg kick. I think people will be surprised at how easily he takes Aldo down. It's going to be a tough fight, Aldo is a monster but i have Frankie pulling out a UD or a late finish.

Just saw Jose Aldo is a 2 to 1 favorite, what a joke!!

I saw the video preview of Edgar wrestling, he does have a ton of stamina to pull it off but can he take down Aldo one of the best TDD. We'll see. Edgar will really have to push the pace to win, if Aldo has time he will be tough to beat.

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

This.

People forget that this is the same Jose Aldo that went five hard rounds with Faber and Florian. This BS about the Hominick fight somehow exposing his lack of cardio and TDD is laughable.

I don't know that I agree that he will completely outclass Frankie, but I do believe Aldo wins by a fairly comfortable margin in this one.

i want to see edgar win but i like aldo as well.
But this is such a an amazing fight i cant wait for this card.

Back