Eddie on Khabib "I fight the best, he fights the rest".

"Now Eddie's is champion. For me Eddie is not interesting. For me interesting title fight."

-Khabib Nurmagomedov

Ducking the best guy/girl is a new trend. It's the fault of Zuffa. And the UFC now has to fix it.

Let's hope there is a suggestion from the top to Dana to knock off the fuckery.

And I'm not talking about this particular example. I always want to see the best guy get the shot. Because the best guy is usually the most deserving as well.

A fan questioned if Eddie was ducking Khabib and that he should fight him because Khabib is 1 in the division.

Eddie trashed Khabib's record saying it's easy to be undefeated when you fights fringe guys, he fought the best to get his title shot and everyone else should have to do the same.

If you're going to post a 44 minute video and comment on it, at least tell us where it is in the video. Who has time to watch that entire thing?

If you're going to post a 44 minute video and comment on it, at least tell us where it is in the video. Who has time to watch that entire thing?

It was live streaming at the time I posted it so it wasn't possible to do that.

Can't you just believe the quote is accurate? I didn't make it up.

connie doesn't want to defend his belt, he prefers do a pointless fight like a rematch with nate. but I see your av, not sure if any talking will be worth it

Like I said, he didn't sit out on his title shot and took the Diaz fight. Regardless of who is in my avatar, that's a fact. Same at 189 when Aldo pulled out, he fought Mendes. How you're comparing Alvarez with Conor makes absolutely no sense.

You're right - the rematch is pointless - but how weird would it be if it sells more than 200. I don't think it would be all that weird. People are interested in it. You can surely put up a better point than looking at my avatar and coming to the conclusion that I'll be biased.

jon jones is way back. I think there were talks about a rematch with lyoto, and his excuse to not fight him (not that it was going down at that moment necessarily, I think it was more an idea than anything), was that "he doesn't sell well enough". ridiculous if anything. he fought fucking sonnen too, a really pointless fight. I think there were something with gus, but can't exactly remember why. not only that, he tried to do the matchmaking of his division, of who was going to fight him, like a mini tournament, like he was joe silva or something. there's probably more, you just can't get enough of the guy. glad he will be banned for at least 2 years

I don't recall talks of a rematch with Machida - if there were, why would he not want to fight him after beating him? Machida went 2-1 at LHW after the Jones fight, won 2 at MW and lost to Weidman for the title. Going 2-1 after losing to the Champion probably doesn't warrant a rematch. Though you mention Gustafsson and he got a title shot coming off a loss.

I think Jones is a pretentious berk. But that doesn't take anything away from him and the fights he won. He beat 5 former LHW Champions in a row. And his only loss was via illegal strikes. There may be question marks that he could have being taking PEDs, but we'll never know.

Regardless, how can you compare the Alvarez situation with the other 2? You shouldn't really let what you think of someone outside the cage cloud your judgment of what they do inside it or the fight related decisions they make.

duck.0.png

LOL at these delusional Khabib fans acting like what Alvarez says right there isn't the f'n Gospel

Eddie should've told that
fat dude who called him a punk
to go eat a cake & calm down.

Khabib talked shit to pettis...
Never fought him. Eddie beat
Pettis the same boring ass way
Khabib wouldve.

Khabib talked shit to cerrone...
Never fought him either. Eddie
had a war with him.

Khabib beat dos anjos years ago.
He didn't finish him like Eddie did
either. Eddie has beaten former
champions. Khabib beat a jobber.
At least Cucuy's jobber was actually
formidible...

I like Eddie, but you do get a succinct feeling that he's ducking khabib, but it's probably because he wants money fights, not because of fear or anything like that.

Yea, I agree. He wants at least one-two big money fight to set him and his family up for the rest of his life, and I can't blame him.

I like Eddie, but you do get a succinct feeling that he's ducking khabib, but it's probably because he wants money fights, not because of fear or anything like that.
Yeah he probably is most concerned with maximizing his earnings while in the number 1 spot. Hes fought the toughest guys available to him since the beginning, Im sure hes down to fight anyone but wouldn't mind a softball here n there. Which obviously aint gona happen in the UFC.

Eddie should've told that
fat dude who called him a punk
to go eat a cake & calm down.

Khabib talked shut to pettis...
Never fought him. Eddie beat
Pettis the same boring ass way
Khabibulin wouldve.

Khabib talked shit to cerrone...
Never fought him either. Eddie
had a war with him.

Khabib beat dos anjos years ago.
He didn't finish him like Eddie did
either. Eddie has beaten former
champions. Khabib beat a jobber.
At least Cucuy's jobber was actually
formidible...

Word.

Dat lay n pray

It blows my mind that people are fans of this blanket

He finishes nearly 2/3rds of his fights and Abel and Healy almost got KOed,. Abel also had to escape a submission and Healy's face looked like hamburger meat. It blows my mind that someone that hurts his opponent badly or gets a submission attempt or more most every fight is called a blanket. If he's a blanket he's lined with metal spikes.

In his defence, Eddie is smart, stay champ for as long as he can and avoid the hardest fights.

Its not so much as that, as he wants to get paid first and not worry about finances.

I don't think Eddie is ducking Khabib. He just wants that big money fight against Conor. Thats the motivation behind all these comments.

I don't think Eddie is ducking Khabib. He just wants that big money fight against Conor. Thats the motivation behind all these comments.

Exactly. As champ he can dictate the terms and has far more leveraging power than as a contender, I'd do the same thing if I were him.

Alvarez is opting for the easiest fight, the better match-up for him i'd say. I want Ferguson to get the next title shot, anyway, Khabib or him it's gonna be a good fight for LW belt.

Exactly. As champ he can dictate the terms and has far more leveraging power than as a contender, I'd do the same thing if I were him.

Yeah and can you blame him? He's married with kids. You got to strike while the iron is hot as champ.

Khabib needs to fight someone in the top 5 first honestly after being out for so long. Ferguson should be next in line for the title. Winning streak and being active.

Try to hold on to your belt, Eddie, Khabib will take it from you regardless.

Back