Eddie on Khabib "I fight the best, he fights the rest".

BARBOZA v Alvarez. For title

FERG V. Khabib as co main

Ceronne v. NATE

Pettis v Gilbert

A WMMA fight to open the card .. Say rose v Gadella

Might not be a high sell card with ppv buys but damn I would love it

Sorry I have a different opinion.

Cerrone vs Alvarez for title

Barbosa Vs Khabib co main

Nate vs Ferg

other 2 are chill

true but he only beat RDA(pretty much by catching him with a shot after getting dominated). The rest was judges gifts.
It doesn't matter who he ducks, every contender beats him really: Ferguson, Khabib, RDA(rematch), Cowboy, Barboza...

At no point was RDA dominating Alvarez. The fight was under 4 minutes and RDA was TKO'ed. RDA tried and failed at takedown attempts prior to getting TKO'ed.

Please explain how RDA was dominating, exactly.

lol, half of you sound like you're on Eddie's PR team, trying to justify his comments.

Before he was champ he was trashing McGregor and now he's saying he wants to pull a McGregor by fighting someone outside his weight class because now he has those sweet, sweet PPV points. That's legit worth millions on a good night. Let's not pretend that isn't the 100% driving factor in all this. He's immediately talking down to the #1 threat to those points so he can fight a FW or a WW that beat a FW, both of which are easier match ups. If you guys want to say he's avoiding Khabib for the money then fine, but don't pretend it's not walking and quacking if the reason behind it results in the same actions.

He doesn't deserve it. He just has loud fanboys giving weak reasoning to why he deserves a shot over Ferguson. He is arguably the best LW in the division but he has to ya know, win some fights that are recent against one solid fighter to prove he deserves a shot.

I can just imagine the uproar these fans would be in if the roles were reversed and Tony only had 2 wins in the past 2 years compared to Khabib having 7. I 100% guarantee they would be saying how stupid we are for thinking someone with so little activity in comparison deserves a shot over Khabib.

Exactly. Eddie didn't spend over a year fighting his way out of a Bellator contract, then another two years fighting his way to the top, to not make any PPV money fighting an absolute nobody who's ranked way above his accomplishment, who nobody knows who he is except for a bunch of Internet nerds who get a hard-on at the mere mention of the word "Russian."

Khabib's best win was a decision over RDA over two years ago. Big deal. Alvarez TKO'd a better version of RDA in the first round, after already beating former Strikeforce champ Melendez and former UFC champ Pettis. Khabib's number 1 ranking is a joke.

Funniest part about that video? Someone probably forwarded it to Khabib, and he got so ticked he probably broke a finger he was tweeting so furiously on his cheap Russian iPhone knockoff.

Eddie is right to a degree here. Khabib earned his shot over two years ago going 6-0 and beating RDA who was ranked but that was his only top win. Khabib earned his shot but the division has changed over the past 2+ years in ranking and contenders to the point where his title shot is no longer relevant. Of his 6 wins, Kamal and Healy got cut, Tavares dropped to FW, Trujilo is at LW but not close to ranked along with Tibau and RDA is the only one that is relevant. Khabibs only win over a current top 15 LW is RDA, otherwise his resume is not really relevant to be a title contender.

Hey everybody! Let's compare top ten wins of Eddie V's Beaniehead. Fact: Alvarez has more top ten MMA wins in Bellator than Beaniehead does in the UFC.

Khabib's best win is decision against RDA. Alvares TKO'd him in first. Other than that who did Khabib beat?

Tony vs Khabib needs to happen
Khabib dominated him during three rounds. I think RDA is a better fighter than Alvarez. He got caught.

Duckin khabib? One of the first things he said was that he'd fight GSP at whatever weight they can. Last time I checked GSP was 1000 times better than Khabib. So why the fuck would he be scared of khabib?
The khabib nut hugging is ridiculous on here.

Actually a pretty good Shot by
Alvarez. With that said khabib for the belt!!

I think in a 5-round fight, Eddie would win. He'd definitely lose the first couple of rounds by getting suplex'd on his head, but I could see him catching Khabib with something in the later rounds.

Duckin khabib? One of the first things he said was that he'd fight GSP at whatever weight they can. Last time I checked GSP was 1000 times better than Khabib. So why the fuck would he be scared of khabib?
The khabib nut hugging is ridiculous on here.
Anyone would fight gsp. That's GOAT level money!

Anyone would fight gsp. That's GOAT level money!

Lol true that. But everyone knows GSPs game plan, take downs and play it safe. If Eddie thinks he can beat GSP why would he be scared of Khabib???

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
Khabib and Ferguson both beat Eddie

Eddie does fight top competitors but his only impressive fights were against Gil (and Gil lost - he did not really win it) and RDA who might have been over-aggressive due to Conor drama. Khabib was beating everybody consistently.

But I agree that he should fight Ferguson and Khabib should get any of the fighters that Eddie fought in the UFC.

Sounds like a cheesy line from a 1980's martial arts film.

Eddie is desperate to fight Conor solely for the money. I don't think Eddie deserves it. Guy just won the belt and think's he's cleared out the division.

I don't think it's a matter of Eddie deserving it, win or lose, there's no guarantee or reason to believe that McGregor will want to fight Alvarez next. They shouldn't let him hold up the division for a month or six months or a year in hopes of that fight. Not when it has 5 legit immediate contenders waiting: Ferguson, Khabib, RDA, Barboza and Cerrone who beat him.

Back