Eddie Alvarez refutes notion that all the best fighters are competing in UFC: ‘It’s complete crap’

Bisping beat Silva and Rockhold back to back and you can say he wasn't top10 with a straight face?

Silva had literally just fought weidman for the title and Rockhold was champ and on a 5 fight win streak when bisping beat him....so dont give me none of the "they were out of their primes" non-sense.
Rock hold was definitely in his prime and it was a solid win

But still it's hard to objectively place him in the top 10 skill wise at the time he held the belt

Could you rank him there based on the Rockhold / silva wins? Sure

But there's still 10 Mws on the planet who would have beaten him, likely quite a few more

Hes right but hes not one of them. Of course- quantity wise, UFC has best but there are true elites in a few orgs.

Imagine how many world class fighters are unknown and members of Sherdog..

This is known, only the UFC casuals think that narrative.
I'm in agreement, however who are the best guys in the world outside of the UFC that could come over and win the belt? Rory never could before he left, Moose failed every attempt to climb THE UFC mountain, and lost his title bid in Bellator. Bader can't beat Jones, stipe or DC! Vera has no chance at heavy or lhw. I just think the UFC champs are easily the top of the food chain at the current time. No one is beating khabib or Max outside of the ufc. I struggle to see anyone beating Costa, Romero, Izzy, or Whittaker except for those guys beating each other. The top ten is a carousel in every weight class, but the UFC champs are easily the baddest mother fuckers in the sport currently

I'm in agreement, however who are the best guys in the world outside of the UFC that could come over and win the belt? Rory never could before he left, Moose failed every attempt to climb THE UFC mountain, and lost his title bid in Bellator. Bader can't beat Jones, stipe or DC! Vera has no chance at heavy or lhw. I just think the UFC champs are easily the top of the food chain at the current time. No one is beating khabib or Max outside of the ufc. I struggle to see anyone beating Costa, Romero, Izzy, or Whittaker except for those guys beating each other. The top ten is a carousel in every weight class, but the UFC champs are easily the baddest mother fuckers in the sport currently

C_exObyWsAIE9T_.0.jpg

Did this dude really just say that RDA is the greatest GOAT that he “murdered” people, AKA knocked 2 dudes out... tf...

If you say the UFC has the best fighters as in deeper talent pool, then yeah. UFC maybe has the majority of the best fighters. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have ALL the best fighters. Still plenty of great guys outside the octagon.
That's exactly what I'm saying though?? UFC has the strongest roster overall, but the top guys in other orgs could hang with the top guys in the UFC.

His last loss, even tho i disagree with the scorecards, is to the 2 division UFC champ big dog. We may not like it but it's just the fact of the lineal belt right now

Eddie was a top fighter long before he got to the UFC

Back when Bendo was champ, then you had Thomson, Melendez and a few others.. Alvarez was right there with them. Arguably even #1 himself among them for quite a while

Eddie was never the best. He went 1-1 vs. Chandler and some would say Chandler won both fights. This is the same Chandler who lost twice to Will Brooks...should I remind you how he fared in the UFC? Eddie came to the UFC in his prime and fought the perennial gatekeeper, Cowboy Cerrone. Eddie lost. Sure, he had his Matt Serra/Bisping moment, but the RDA who finished Bendo and abused Nate Diaz and Pettis beats Eddie 9 times out of 10.

Being the best isn't just about skill set - it means fighting and beating the other best fighters and the only place to do that consistently is in the UFC.

Dude snitching! He said, "RdA is LITERALLY murdering people" ....

Not figuratively..... .. Not facetiously.....

Not, a-figure-of-speach ....

But

LITERALLY

He is right. But why is he talking like he was the best fighter in the division? He was Michael Bisping of LW division. He got beat by conor and dustin. Khabib and tony would beat him too. Khabib beat RDA before him and Tony right after him. Eddie was just in the right place at the right time. Just like Bisping in MW.

Tkoed prime RDA, split decision vs cowbow, won vs pettis and melendez while it meant somthing and delivered a very good performance vs gatje.. who care if he lost vs conor and dustin? Alavarez is a top lightweight you damn noob

Back