Eddie Alvarez: "I lost a split decision to Cerrone" (MMA Hour)

Eddie looked like he didn't belong at LW against Cerrone and then he beats Gil and Pettis in his next 2 fights. Crazy.

Lol he didn't beat anyone. He got the W. Pettis outstruck him from the bottom

He lost that fight a clear 29-28. I thought he beat Gil, barely, because Gil was too inactive after dominating the first round and simply gave it away. And the fight with Pettis was awful.

Alvarez is kidding himself if he thinks he's entitled to a title shot.

dude he landed like 1000 punches on cerrone's head in that exchange, yes cerrone was hurt. Your recollection is off, he was fucking cerrone up in the first round it definitely should of been a 10 -8 round lol.

how the hell was that a 10 - 8 round Cerrone wasnt in touble at all most importantly Cerrone landed some good shots him self that round. have you ever seen a 10 - 8 round before ? 10 - 8 round would mean Cerrone would have been on the verge of been finished and that wasnt even close of happening. no judge or any MMA website site outlet gave that first round a 10 -8 if anything Cerrone should have gotten 10 - 8 in the later rounds as he had eddie hurt badly and had almost no offense and getting dropped by leg kicks.

He lost that fight a clear 29-28. I thought he beat Gil, barely, because Gil was too inactive after dominating the first round and simply gave it away. And the fight with Pettis was awful.

Alvarez is kidding himself if he thinks he's entitled to a title shot.
altho i agree Alvarez has not look impressive in the ufc and to me has been a total let down. i don't see how anyone else at 155 deserves a title shot over him.

Cerrone spanked him, if it was 5 rounds he would of gotten finished.

Gil was absolutely destroying him until he completely gassed. Gil lost that bout, Eddie didn't win it.

The Pettis fight consisted of Pettis fighting and Eddie trying to stop Pettis from beating on him by hugging him against the cage.
If Pettis wants to be a mixed martial artist I guess he should learn how to get people off him against the cage. It's not Alvarez's fault that he couldn't get him off him. And this is coming from a Pettis/Gilbert fan who dislikes Alvarez.

altho i agree Alvarez has not look impressive in the ufc and to me has been a total let down. i don't see how anyone else at 155 deserves a title shot over him.

I can understand that, but the way Alvarez looked in his last two SD wins, I think the Khabib-Ferguson winner has a better argument for sure.

I think Alvarez is in line after that, but should take another fight before.

One of the most overrated fighters in history.

For years we had to hear all the fanboys call him the #1 LW. Dude gets rocked in pretty much every fight, losses to Chandler twice (arguably), gets fucking demolished by Cerrone. He was losing to Gil before Gil started cruising because his homeland was gassing him out.

He's a good top 5-10 floater like hes always been his whole career. Im actually glad he beat Pettis tbh. I don't dislike Eddie, but fuck am I glad he's showing where he belongs in the LW picture instead of having the fanboys call him a GOAT LW.

Eddie looked like he didn't belong at LW against Cerrone and then he beats Gil and Pettis in his next 2 fights. Crazy.
not really at all, it was his first fight in the ufc - ufc jitters are typically underestimated by fans - i agree i was a bit surprised he beat pettis but it was a close fight

Melendez whooped his ass too for a bit, though he stole last 2 rounds from gassed Gil with takedowns.

What bothers me is he was saying "I'M next, there's no one. Like, who is there?"

I can't stand that guy and he is delusional . (just hate the way he fights not personal). Mr wall and stall. Nobody wants to see him in a title fight, it's his own fault.

The way he fights? Have you ever seen any of his fights outside of the UFC?

Disagree. 2/3 UFC fights he spent trying to pin guys against the cage after he realized the style that worked for him in Bellator won't win shit in the UFC.

I live near Philly and know guys who have trained with him... Still can't root for the guy tho.
No, he realized that he needs to adjust and fight smart against higher level competition. His gameplan against Pettis was nearly perfect, and it was rewarded with a victory. He had his eye shut against a great striker (Gil) and realized he didn't stand a chance not being able to see where his strikes were coming from, so he neutralized that aspect of his game.

He fights smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back