Eddie Alvarez: "I lost a split decision to Cerrone" (MMA Hour)

come on man. he had a flurry in the clinch u are crazy if you think the round was 10-8, not to say 10 Fu***ng 7. that is incompetence

Eddie looked like he didn't belong at LW against Cerrone and then he beats Gil and Pettis in his next 2 fights. Crazy.

Let's be real. Both Eddie and Gil both looked like shit in their fight and it was horrible (probably due to the altitude). And the Pettis fight he just walled and stalled. Not exactly impressive. Nonetheless, that's a tough fucking first 3 fights in the UFC. And I remember at one point he was scheduled to face Bendo too.

giphy.gif

The problem is that you're a moron. Gilbert didn't gassed eddie took over the fight late but explaining this to you would be like talking to a shovel. so the altitude was the one that pushed through a broken orbital bone to battle back and win the fight. You clearly lack the brain cells to comprehend what it would of took to do what eddie did in that fight with a broken orbital bone and nose. Eddie was in the same altitude that's a ridiculous excuse lol. It wasnt the attitude that had to battle back through a smash face to win the fight, hence why eddie got come back of the year but only a person with brain cells would understand that.

Are you serious? It took 8 days minimum to allow your body to adjust to the altitude, Melendez only went days before and clearly gassed which he did an interview about not being able to go out earlier due to money issues with mmafighting.com after the fight.

Look, I can tell you think you are an authority on this subject which gives you the right to spout tirades of abuse about how stupid anyone who doesnt agree with you is. The bad news is, in this thread alone you have demonstrated that you aren't the MMA savant you think you are, perhaps rather than abusing people who disagree with you, you shut up and listened you wouldn't be spewing idiotic diatribes about how landing 5 seconds of strikes in the clinch should warrent a 10-7 or how getting your orbital broken in a fight is somehow more impressive than landing strikes of your own. Drop the attitude dude, read what you wrote, you keep repeating the same words over and over again yet somehow have the nerve to call other people stupid.

what??? His fight against Cerrone was a UD!!! Unlike his last two fights

If Cerrone Alvarez first round was 10-8 for Eddie then the last round was 10-3 for Cerrone. Only reason he didn't finish was because he stupidly layed on top of Eddie for the last minute when his leg was so fucked up he couldn't stand.

Cerrone kicked his ass pretty good but Eddie did get a few got shots in there. I was flabbergasted when I heard it was a split decision, should have been unanimous for Cerrone. But then he beat Pettis, so that was his redemption in my opinion.
That's an interesting reaction you had considering it wasn't a split-decision!

Are you serious? It took 8 days minimum to allow your body to adjust to the altitude, Melendez only went days before and clearly gassed which he did an interview about not being able to go out earlier due to money issues with mmafighting.com after the fight.

Look, I can tell you think you are an authority on this subject which gives you the right to spout tirades of abuse about how stupid anyone who doesnt agree with you is. The bad news is, in this thread alone you have demonstrated that you aren't the MMA savant you think you are, perhaps rather than abusing people who disagree with you, you shut up and listened you wouldn't be spewing idiotic diatribes about how landing 5 seconds of strikes in the clinch should warrent a 10-7 or how getting your orbital broken in a fight is somehow more impressive than landing strikes of your own. Drop the attitude dude, read what you wrote, you keep repeating the same words over and over again yet somehow have the nerve to call other people stupid.
Well thats gilbert fault if he didn't adjust to the altitude, Gilbert didnt lost that fight because the altitude. Gilbert lost because eddie persistence at the end taking over the fight late. The only one spewing idiotic diatribes is you trying to discredit eddie alvarez win. where he got come back of the year for his persistence to push through a broken orbital bone against a guy that was on something. on the cerrone fight eddie landed a barrage of punches that nearly had cerrone out on his feet any other man would of been out from that. the first round was not even close should've been a 10 -8 for sure. listen to what only thing you done is try to discredit eddie win against melendez cause you're blinded by hatred probably a conor fanboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot understand how even some fighters still believe you have to win all rounds to get unanimous decision.

"That decision shouldn't have been unanimous!"
errrrrr.....

Well thats gilbert fault if he didn't adjust to the altitude, Gilbert didnt lost that fight because the altitude. Gilbert lost because eddie persistence at the end taking over the fight late. The only one spewing idiotic diatribes is you trying to discredit eddie alvarez win. where he got come back of the year for his persistence to push through a broken orbital bones against a guy that was on something. on the cerrone fight it was just eddie landed a barrage of punches that nearly had cerrone out on his feet any other man would of been out from that, the first round was not even close should've been a 10 -8 for sure. And listen to what only thing you done is try to discredit eddie win against melendez cause you're blinded by hatred probably a conor fanboy.

Holy shit, were you crying while you typed this? Cos it certainly reads like it.

Whether or not its Gilberts fault is irrelevant. We are critiquing Alvarez, and unfortunately this is not some Edgar V Maynard type comeback. He was outstruck every round and had his face rearranged in the 1st.

Whether you choose to believe it or not Melendez was drastically effected by the altitude. You seem offended that I ruined the fairy tail of how Eddie outworked and overran him on talent and determination (yet still got outstruck)

Im not a Conor fan but the fact you are refusing to acknowledge basic truths about this fight doesn't make you right, it makes you stupid.

Once again you have altered history to suit your narrative, Cerrone ate those punches and waved Eddie to come on after it. He wasn't nearly out on his feet, he didn't even do any noticeable damage to his face. The fact you think that warrents a 10-8 speaks volumes about how uneducated you are.

Anyway, I am sick of repeating myself, hopefully one day you can watch the fight without being so invested in it so you can come back and add something productive to the conversation.

It was a clear 29-28 for Cowboy but Eddie managed to steal round 1. Then it was all down for him.

Holy shit, were you crying while you typed this? Cos it certainly reads like it.

Whether or not its Gilberts fault is irrelevant. We are critiquing Alvarez, and unfortunately this is not some Edgar V Maynard type comeback. He was outstruck every round and had his face rearranged in the 1st.

Whether you choose to believe it or not Melendez was drastically effected by the altitude. You seem offended that I ruined the fairy tail of how Eddie outworked and overran him on talent and determination (yet still got outstruck)

Im not a Conor fan but the fact you are refusing to acknowledge basic truths about this fight doesn't make you right, it makes you stupid.

Once again you have altered history to suit your narrative, Cerrone ate those punches and waved Eddie to come on after it. He wasn't nearly out on his feet, he didn't even do any noticeable damage to his face. The fact you think that warrents a 10-8 speaks volumes about how uneducated you are.

Anyway, I am sick of repeating myself, hopefully one day you can watch the fight without being so invested in it so you can come back and add something productive to the conversation.

Why are you giving Gilbert Juiced to the gills Melendez an excuse here ?

You're arguing it wasn't come back of the year we IN fact it won at the awards. Disagree all you want it's no better then someone saying Diaz 235 OR whatever dumb shit people say.

FYI I also disagree. But it was a damn good come back. He got smoked and hurt bad in round 1 and still won the fight against a great fighter. That holds merit over a guy coming back against a newer fighter.

He also got popped for PEDs after that fight and still got beat.

Why are you giving Gilbert Juiced to the gills Melendez an excuse here ?

You're arguing it wasn't come back of the year we IN fact it won at the awards. Disagree all you want it's no better then someone saying Diaz 235 OR whatever dumb shit people say.

FYI I also disagree. But it was a damn good come back. He got smoked and hurt bad in round 1 and still won the fight against a great fighter. That holds merit over a guy coming back against a newer fighter.

Im not talking about Gilbert at all, I am simply talking about Alvarezs performance. I get it won an award, so did Justin Beiber, who gives a shit? Its voted for online and the competition was pretty poor, i dont think surviving until a guy gasses and then putting on a competitive display against him is really a huge comeback. If you do then thats fine too.

I have already said, i believe eddie showed heart and all that. But he fought like shit against a dude who was spent 4 minutes in. All Im saying is none of Alvarezs fights in the UFC has made me think "this guys a threat to anyone in the division"

I can't stand that guy and he is delusional . (just hate the way he fights not personal). Mr wall and stall. Nobody wants to see him in a title fight, it's his own fault.

I'm guessing you haven't seen many of his fights.

Im not talking about Gilbert at all, I am simply talking about Alvarezs performance. I get it won an award, so did Justin Beiber, who gives a shit? Its voted for online and the competition was pretty poor, i dont think surviving until a guy gasses and then putting on a competitive display against him is really a huge comeback. If you do then thats fine too.

I have already said, i believe eddie showed heart and all that. But he fought like shit against a dude who was spent 4 minutes in. All Im saying is none of Alvarezs fights in the UFC has made me think "this guys a threat to anyone in the division"
Thats cause your a casual who doesn't understand mma and know what your watching. Maybe you should watch figure skating. Sorry dude with a dolphin av that beating 2 of the best lw in the world is not impressive to a guy sitting behind a pc.

If Cerrone Alvarez first round was 10-8 for Eddie then the last round was 10-3 for Cerrone. Only reason he didn't finish was because he stupidly layed on top of Eddie for the last minute when his leg was so fucked up he couldn't stand.

This.

I can't stand that guy and he is delusional . (just hate the way he fights not personal). Mr wall and stall. Nobody wants to see him in a title fight, it's his own fault.

Nothing personal, but you're clearly an ignorant clod acting as though you know anything about a fighter you've obviously seen almost nothing of.

Back