Eddie Alvarez: "I lost a split decision to Cerrone" (MMA Hour)

It's just a lose, three fights ago... so what? Who brought this up (on the show)? He's got two wins over Melendez and Pettis! since then.

well he won the first round big possibly a 10 - 8 or 10 - 7 he was lighting cerrone up but let's ignore that huh

lmao, no, just no. He did well in the first round, but no way was that a 10-8 and nowhere near a 10-7, would not want you to ever score a fight if you thought that was anywhere near a 10-7. Let's not forget that was also Cerrone, the guy who is notorious for being a slow starter. Alvarez was getting fucked up when Cerrone finally got into his groove.

Eddie looked like he didn't belong at LW against Cerrone and then he beats Gil and Pettis in his next 2 fights. Crazy.
Beats ? Don't remeber Gil fight well but he lost Pettis one for me, and maybe Gil was robbed in his fight

lmao, no, just no. He did well in the first round, but no way was that a 10-8 and nowhere near a 10-7, would not want you to ever score a fight if you thought that was anywhere near a 10-7. Let's not forget that was also Cerrone, the guy who is notorious for being a slow starter. Alvarez was getting fucked up when Cerrone finally got into his groove.
so you said its not a 10 - 8 but never gave one reason why not. Eddie landed alot of punches on cerrone head in the first round was destroying him, so it could of been a 10 - 8.

This is such a silly thing to say. Those two things are the same. In every single fight the person who lost the fight lost it and the person who won, won it. No shit - if the loser had fought better they would have won. If the winner had fought worse they would have lost. It's meaningless salty nonsense.

The point I was attempting to convey was that Gil performed so poorly after gassing that despite making no improvements from being soundly beaten the judges gave him the nod, not because he stepped up and took the fight but because Melendez looked so poor it gave the impression Eddie was actually doing something.

the altitude deserves more credit than Eddie.

The point I was attempting to convey was that Gil performed so poorly after gassing that despite making no improvements from being soundly beaten the judges gave him the nod, not because he stepped up and took the fight but because Melendez looked so poor it gave the impression Eddie was actually doing something.

the altitude deserves more credit than Eddie.
so eddie was just standing there ? Im sure eddie took melendez down and hit him with a spinning backelbow at the end of the fight. he even got comeback of the year for that performance at the mma awards so stop trying to discredit him. He had a broken orbital and nose still came back to control the end of the fight.

so eddie was just standing there ? Im sure eddie took melendez down and hit him with a spinning backelbow at the end of the fight. he even got comeback of the year for that performance at the mma awards so stop trying to discredit him. He had a broken orbital and nose still came back to control the end of the fight.

He got outstruck by Melendez every round despite the fact he could barely lift his arms. The fact he only got one takedown on him and the overblown significance of the spinning elbow he landed and the broken orbital incurred before gassing just reiterates how bad his performance was.

Rewarding him for that performance with comeback of the year is insane, Almeida's flying knee KO over Pickett was a better comeback then that.

He got outstruck by Melendez every round despite the fact he could barely lift his arms. The fact he only got one takedown on him and the overblown significance of the spinning elbow he landed and the broken orbital incurred before gassing just reiterates how bad his performance was.

Rewarding him for that performance with comeback of the year is insane, Almeida's flying knee KO over Pickett was a better comeback then that.
his performance wasnt that bad, he was fighting a juiced up gilbert melendez where he got his orbital broken. He was able to come back to control the end of the fight, but sounds like you're blinded by hate. Let's see you do what he did in that fight with a broken orbital bone and nose, than still come back to win. It not insane just through the eyes of logical people not blinded by hate like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
his performance wasnt that bad, he was fighting a juiced up gilbert melendez where he got his orbital broken. He was able to come back to control the end of the fight, but sounds like your blinded by hate. Lets see you do what he did in that fight with a broken orbital bone and nose and still come back win.
My whole point is that he didn't come back, Gilbert dropped off so badly Alvarez was able to appear competitive against him.

I am not just saying 'Alvarez sucks' I am putting forward several reasons as to how I came up with this opinion so its not 'hate'

Also, stooping to the whole 'WELL LETS SEE U DO THAT' is really childish.
What if I did do that, just for you. Would you go "oh, well then, Alvarez was actually quite underwhelming in that fight after all"

My whole point is that he didn't come back, Gilbert dropped off so badly Alvarez was able to appear competitive against him.

I am not just saying 'Alvarez sucks' I am putting forward several reasons as to how I came up with this opinion so its not 'hate'

Also, stooping to the whole 'WELL LETS SEE U DO THAT' is really childish.
What if I did do that, just for you. Would you go "oh, well then, Alvarez was actually quite underwhelming in that fight after all"
how didn't he come back when he was losing the beginning of the fight and came back, that's the definition of coming back lol. If any ones being childish it's you discrediting a cage fighter, who had his orbital broken against a guy that was on something and had to come back to win. You can never understand what it took to do that yet you're discrediting it lol.

so you said its not a 10 - 8 but never gave one reason why not. Eddie landed alot of punches on cerrone head in the first round was destroying him, so it could of been a 10 - 8.

Because while Eddie was landing good shots, they never had Cerrone in big trouble and to my recollection didn't even drop Cerrone. I think the flurry you're referring to was when Donald had Alvarez in the clinch and Eddie landed a flurry of uppercuts and hooks right? Aside from that, nothing else to warrant a 10-8. Clear round for Eddie though.

He lost via split decision and he won two fights via split decision too.

how didn't he come back when he was losing the beginning of the fight and came back, that's the definition of coming back lol. If any ones being childish it's you discrediting a cage fighter, who had his orbital broken against a guy that was on something and had to come back to win. You can never understand what it took to do that yet you're discrediting it lol.

Because, what I am saying is there was no 'comeback' he was losing, but rather then rallying back against his opponent his opponent dropped off, I am not questioning Alverezs durability or heart the guys a beast and has put on some amazing fights.

I am saying that he looked bad and remained unimpressive for the entire fight. it was the fact his opponents performance deteriorated so severally because of the altitude that he was able to appear competitive and yet despite a slow lethargic opponent he was still outstruck every round and at no time did he ever look like he might finish Melendez.

I dont get what the problem is, do you think if Gilbert hadn't of gassed Alvarez wouldn't of been completely dominated for the entire fight?

2 fights doesn't make him Mr. wall and Stall.

It's not like he went toe to toe with Cerrone, and Chandler twice.
Disagree. 2/3 UFC fights he spent trying to pin guys against the cage after he realized the style that worked for him in Bellator won't win shit in the UFC.

I live near Philly and know guys who have trained with him... Still can't root for the guy tho.

Donald%2BCerrone%2BChops%2BDown%2BEddie%2BAlvarez%2BUFC%2B178.gif

tumblr_ncmd7b01Mi1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

RDA would ruin this guy. 3 fights away from a title shot IMO

He did beat the shit out Cerrone in the first round and drop him in the third...I think he can beat Cerrone but he fought badly and played Cerrones game... I hate how Sherdog is shitting on him lately. You'll all come crawling back when he wins again with strikes or gets into a war. Your all forgeteting the FOTY potential Alvarez has.

Because, what I am saying is there was no 'comeback' he was losing, but rather then rallying back against his opponent his opponent dropped off, I am not questioning Alverezs durability or heart the guys a beast and has put on some amazing fights.

I am saying that he looked bad and remained unimpressive for the entire fight. it was the fact his opponents performance deteriorated so severally because of the altitude that he was able to appear competitive and yet despite a slow lethargic opponent he was still outstruck every round and at no time did he ever look like he might finish Melendez.

I dont get what the problem is, do you think if Gilbert hadn't of gassed Alvarez wouldn't of been completely dominated for the entire fight?
giphy.gif

The problem is that you're a moron. Gilbert didn't gassed eddie took over the fight late but explaining this to you would be like talking to a shovel. so the altitude was the one that pushed through a broken orbital bone to battle back and win the fight. You clearly lack the brain cells to comprehend what it would of took to do what eddie did in that fight, with a broken orbital bone and nose. Eddie was in the same altitude that's a ridiculous excuse lol. It wasnt the attitude that had to battle back through a smash face to win the fight, hence why eddie got come back of the year but only a person with brain cells would understand that.

Because while Eddie was landing good shots, they never had Cerrone in big trouble and to my recollection didn't even drop Cerrone. I think the flurry you're referring to was when Donald had Alvarez in the clinch and Eddie landed a flurry of uppercuts and hooks right? Aside from that, nothing else to warrant a 10-8. Clear round for Eddie though.
dude he landed like 1000 punches on cerrone's head in that exchange, yes cerrone was hurt. Your recollection is off, he was fucking cerrone up in the first round it definitely should of been a 10 -8 round lol.

Back