Eating under 500 calories per day going on day 4.

I’ve done 72 hours on 100 calories or less.
Supplemented with magnesium and couple other vitamins.
I think it can be healthy once or twice a year, depending on your body. I didn’t do it for weight just for an immune system revamping.

Calculate the amount of calories you actually need in a day and subtract 200-300 calories from that number and you'll lose weight in a far healthier way. Around that level, you should drop close to a pound a week. 188lbs can't be very fat unless you're far shorter than normal OR have as little muscle mass as possible.

0 wizards approve of your diet.

@Bornstarch This approach is not good. Every time you eat, it breaks the fast, and you are forcing your body to overwork. This is going to cause acid reflux and all sorts of gastrointestinal and organ problems.

Try either intermittent water fasting or prolonged water fasting.

Intermittent fast means you consume your daily calorie intake during a certain period of the day. Some people use a 16-8 model where there are 16 hours of fasting, followed by an 8-hour window of eating. In your case, I would say 20-4 or 22-2, where you get at least one decent meal that is aiming above 1500+ calories.

or

A prolonged fast where you don't eat for days. This is actually better because if you don't break the fast, your body will stop craving food after the third day and you will benefit from the process of autophagy.

Either fasting option should involve drinking lots of water, learning how to properly break the fast, and not physically exerting yourself during the fast.

I am not a medical professional. However, Dr. Eric Berg DC channel has really good information if you search for fasting. I suggest doing prior research and possibly medical consultation.

Take this information seriously. What you are doing is dangerous.

Be safe!

Last edited:
I've done a couple weekends with only three protein shakes a day. Crushed ice, 30g whey and a cup of fat free milk. Still got 120g of protein per day with minimal calories. Wouldn't really recommend it to anyone as it gives you the raging shits by day two.

All the babies here that can’t go a whole day without their double whopper with cheese and fries super sized.

4CEE3E98-A6EB-4633-A740-6D8C1E94F8B1.gif 36A0E85F-5D0B-417E-BFDD-419549BD340C.gif

264DB12E-3658-4108-BE77-A5DBAA04CF49.png

I tend to put some weight on at times. When I eat clean to take off weight I usually do between 1,200-1,500 calories a day and eat 4 times a day. I don't do vegan or anything, but I cut out red meat and cheese. (except cottage cheese)

500 calories a day seems almost too low. I work a labor intensive job swinging a hammer all day though. I don't think I could do it on 500.
I’ve done 500 cals a day or less while working a labor intensive job. It’s a good way to lose a fuck ton of muscle as your body eats it for energy

I was not purposely limiting myself, it’s what was available to eat..

Today's the 4th day of me eating under 500 calories every per day. I'm eating just once and the calories is around 400 to 500. First day, I was having trouble sleeping. Having heart palpitations, but I think my body's gotten a little more used to it now.

Just doing it for the fuck of it. I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want, however much I want. I thought I'd do a 180 and see what happens. I started off at 188 lbs. Haven't weighed myself yet.

188?? You’re under weight now boy

if you are under 200, you don’t need to diet and cut calories. Maybe lift and change the fat to muscle but you aren’t over weight. It’s just in the wrong places.

Weak TS.

This bitch didn't eat for 120 days in order to get closer to Jesus.

What an idiot. If she just stopped drinking water she'd be with Jesus in 3 days lol.

Fucking TS. Guess he's trying to make his teeth fall out faster so he can get those dentures he was talking about, in his other thread, sooner.

Anyway, no real need to tell you you're a dumbass TS, others have already, but I will anyway.

I'm consuming about 3000 +/- calories a day right now and barely maintaining my weight.

when I eat during the day it makes me feel tired and unable to concentrate. like if I eat lunch at work it just makes me want to go home and nap ASAP. I dont even like driving after eating.
That’s because your body is low on energy and it’s taking all it has left to digest what you just ate.

Start the day off eating SOMETHING, a quick yogurt cup and a protein bar will do wonders.

then a small lunch like a sandwich and then a higher protein meal at night

@Bornstarch This approach is not good. Every time you eat, it breaks the fast, and you are forcing your body to overwork. This is going to cause acid reflux and all sorts of gestational and organ problems.

Try either intermittent water fasting or prolonged water fasting.

Intermittent fast means you consume your daily calorie intake during a certain period of the day. Some people use a 16-8 model where there are 16 hours of fasting, followed by an 8-hour window of eating. In your case, I would say 20-4 or 22-2, where you get at least one decent meal that is aiming above 1500+ calories.

or

A prolonged fast where you don't eat for days. This is actually better because if you don't break the fast, your body will stop craving food after the third day and you will benefit from the process of autophagy.

Either fasting option should involve drinking lots of water, learning how to properly break the fast, and not physically exerting yourself during the fast.

I am not a medical professional. However, Dr. Eric Berg DC channel has really good information if you search for fasting. I suggest doing prior research and possibly medical consultation.

Take this information seriously. What you are doing is dangerous.

Be safe!
I think ya probably meant digestive or gastrointestinal here. Gestation has to do with pregnancy.

Imo fasting can be beneficial to train your body to switch from glucose burning to fat burning. There's a couple of studies (here's one) that suggest metabolic switching is beneficial to human health. Metabolic syndrome (insulin resistance, obesity) essentially happens to people who are eating three meals a day and who are sedentary, essentially causing them to be constantly in glucose-burning mode. They're eating glucose faster then they could possibly burn it.

Today's the 4th day of me eating under 500 calories every per day. I'm eating just once and the calories is around 400 to 500. First day, I was having trouble sleeping. Having heart palpitations, but I think my body's gotten a little more used to it now.

Just doing it for the fuck of it. I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want, however much I want. I thought I'd do a 180 and see what happens. I started off at 188 lbs. Haven't weighed myself yet.

you could be damaging your vital organs. You go from one extreme to the next, both unhealthy and will mess you up. You really should see a dietitian if you don’t want to learn about nutrition yourself.

Not smart. A few days is basically fasting. I wouldn’t go below 1,000 cal per day for more than a week. And less than 500 for more than 3 days. Longer term depends on your lean mass, but most can easily maintain less than 1500 and stay healthy as long as they are eating healthy.

How tall are you? Weight? Fat percentage estimate?

Back