Eating under 500 calories per day going on day 4.

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
Today's the 4th day of me eating under 500 calories every per day. I'm eating just once and the calories is around 400 to 500. First day, I was having trouble sleeping. Having heart palpitations, but I think my body's gotten a little more used to it now.

Just doing it for the fuck of it. I've been eating whatever I want, whenever I want, however much I want. I thought I'd do a 180 and see what happens. I started off at 188 lbs. Haven't weighed myself yet.

I tend to put some weight on at times. When I eat clean to take off weight I usually do between 1,200-1,500 calories a day and eat 4 times a day. I don't do vegan or anything, but I cut out red meat and cheese. (except cottage cheese)

500 calories a day seems almost too low. I work a labor intensive job swinging a hammer all day though. I don't think I could do it on 500.

Under 500 calories for more than 2 days straight is harmful. You can eat 500 calories in a day once or twice a week but doing it in consecutives days is not good. Go to 1000 and you can do that everyday.

This is incredibly stupid. You’re having heart palpitations? You know that afib begets more afib, right? You could permanently damage your heart and never be able to live a normal life again.

The most hardcore I ever dieted was 1300 calories a day. That was while running 4 miles, 3 days a week, and lifting 4 or 5 days a week. And I lost plenty of weight fast enough. It only took about 3 months to peel off 40 lbs. But even at that level of caloric intake, my hair started to fall out in the shower.

Man I've had plenty of under 1000 calorie days AND worked out with no issues of crazy bouts of hunger. If I did it for several days in a row I would have a higher calorie day, though still no more than 1500 calories. After a while you adjust and it's not a big deal at all. I wouldn't say I was ever lower than 500 but definitely under 800.

You can do this with minimal discomfort if all you eat is raw vegetables. A whole mixing bowl of salad is like 250 calories and I bet you can eat the whole thing. I mean all vegetables not fruits we call vegetables like squash, avacados, etc...it's amazing how they fill you up. Eat like a cow literallly.

Back