EA UFC 5 Game Opinions

How can you be an mma fan and play this shit when it literally has the worst looking fighting I've ever seen in a videogame? I cannot believe how bad the punches & kicks look after 5 games. There are random PS1 games that look better than it.

You're all fucking nuts

Better graphics?
The shit looks virtually identical to the same shit that came out 3 years ago and that was on a weaker generation of consoles.

I'm not happy with the game and I think there's a lot of shit EA does that's awful, but so many people are being so over the top with these criticisms.

As far as the roster goes, there are 3 new additions (Tyson, Ali, Fedor). I agree that they should have all top fighters in the game, and it's pretty bad that they don't. But to say that it has been 3 years and the roster is the same as the previous game is disingenuous. Over those 3 years they continuously have released new fighters to the game for free. They literally put new fighters into UFC 4 only a few months ago. The reason there's not a hugely updated roster for UFC 5 is because they were adding the new fighters to UFC 4 at the same time as they were creating them for the new game. If they hadn't updated the UFC 4 roster at all during the life cycle, then there would be loads of new fighters added to UFC 5. Complaining about this is likely to just get us less post-support content updates since people complain about not having enough new stuff by the time the next game comes.

Anyone saying it's just a copy/paste of UFC 4 is exaggerating. There are literally more changes from UFC 4 to 5 than there were from 3 to 4. Yes, career mode still sucks. The clinch sucks. Certain spamming strategies are still to powerful. There needs to be way more content, modes, and uniqueness for fighters. But there are lots of new animations (despite people saying there aren't), and the submission system is infinitely better than anything we've seen before (even if they have removed submissions we used to have to achieve this).

It runs at 60fps (finally) whereas it was always 30 prior to now, and that makes a big difference in how responsive the game feels to play. The damage/cuts system also looks pretty good.

It's a long way to go before EA makes a genuinely great UFC game, but this one is undoubtedly a step up from UFC 4. I don't support EA's practices, but people don't help anything by exaggerating the problems.

I find it absolutely mind boggling that even the animations and fluidity of the boxers in FNC for example put to shame the janky and stiff animations of the strikes in EA UFC, the stand up looks and feels so amateurish as if done by an indie dev making his first game.

Complete POS game, wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire.
I played FNC the other day for shits and giggles and was still very impressed at how much better and more fluid the boxing striking was compared to UFC

Downloaded the trial and I found the controls and gameplay worse than UFC 4.
Hopefully I just gotta get used to the new controls/feel of the game.
It seemed more clunky/less smooth than UFC 4

I played FNC the other day for shits and giggles and was still very impressed at how much better and more fluid the boxing striking was compared to UFC
Yeah the boxing in that game is awesome, the head movement is excellent and counters off the head and foot movement feel so good. I would rather play FNC over and over than spend even 5 mins playing these garbage EA UFC games.

Not a great game, controls seems very counter-intuitive compared to UFC3/4. Tons of guys missing like Dober, Kape, Umar, etc. Lazy even by EA standards

Undisputed 3 has it all. Funny knockout-physics, random knockouts, great striking, great career mode, great animation, doctor stoppages done right, judges done right, unique movesets of fighters
that EA can't replicate this more than a decade later is just sad, honestly.

UFC and EA, one of the worst duos in the world you could think of. Two greedy corporations who don't give a shit about their customers nor the quality of their products. They only care about milking their brands for as much money possible.

Im not sure why Fight Night Champions level of game making is proving so difficult to do with MMA... even a fight night round 4 level game would be a huge difference...

MMA is a complicated sport but if they can make shooters where people's entire anatomy can be blown apart ..im pretty they can work out some kicks and grappling ..

Strange why its such a struggle ..

As a release its average at best because it's near clone to last edition but I know the game will get updates and improve

I'm not happy with the game and I think there's a lot of shit EA does that's awful, but so many people are being so over the top with these criticisms.

As far as the roster goes, there are 3 new additions (Tyson, Ali, Fedor). I agree that they should have all top fighters in the game, and it's pretty bad that they don't. But to say that it has been 3 years and the roster is the same as the previous game is disingenuous. Over those 3 years they continuously have released new fighters to the game for free. They literally put new fighters into UFC 4 only a few months ago. The reason there's not a hugely updated roster for UFC 5 is because they were adding the new fighters to UFC 4 at the same time as they were creating them for the new game. If they hadn't updated the UFC 4 roster at all during the life cycle, then there would be loads of new fighters added to UFC 5. Complaining about this is likely to just get us less post-support content updates since people complain about not having enough new stuff by the time the next game comes.

Anyone saying it's just a copy/paste of UFC 4 is exaggerating. There are literally more changes from UFC 4 to 5 than there were from 3 to 4. Yes, career mode still sucks. The clinch sucks. Certain spamming strategies are still to powerful. There needs to be way more content, modes, and uniqueness for fighters. But there are lots of new animations (despite people saying there aren't), and the submission system is infinitely better than anything we've seen before (even if they have removed submissions we used to have to achieve this).

It runs at 60fps (finally) whereas it was always 30 prior to now, and that makes a big difference in how responsive the game feels to play. The damage/cuts system also looks pretty good.

It's a long way to go before EA makes a genuinely great UFC game, but this one is undoubtedly a step up from UFC 4. I don't support EA's practices, but people don't help anything by exaggerating the problems.
<PlusJuan>

EA MMA games have always been shit, that's why there's never any hype or excitement when a new UFC comes out. Its the same old bullshit problems that they never care to fix, they think that coming out with the trailers that look great will simulate the game play but no one falls for it. And hot damn, having "unlockable" fighters is so outdated and dumb! No one cares about Bruce Lee, Mike Tyson and Fedor being in the game lmao. That shit is so old and boring. How about putting that energy in MAKING THE GAMEPLAY BETTER!!!!!!

Same exact thing. They only changed the Uppercut buttons lol

EA MMA was where it was at.

Yep. Still my favorite.

This is ancient knowledge by now, so I'm gonna repeat it for anybody who might want to play this game with ufc fighters. The recipes for many of the popular ufc guys at that time are in the create a fighter, but they are removed by an update. So if you delete that update you can create very good versions of those guys.

Back