EA UFC 5 Game Opinions

Drakesavage9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What y’all think so far? My first impressions are it’s UFC4 with better graphics. How they could go 3 years and have identical game modes and no improvements in areas like career mode is crazy. Typical EA BS.

It needs some serious balance updates. In its current state it feels like a beta

Haven’t played it but looks like 4 (which sucked) with some graphics upgrades but minimal gameplay improvements. Couldn’t even bothered to update the roster shows how much this one was phoned in.

I’m enjoying it. Simulation mode is the tits, just wish EA wouldn’t keep removing presentation elements from their games. Damage system is absolutely mental and actually does make you approach fights different, which is a nice change of pace

7e0057f9-0e75-493f-befc-f5d6805a2b4d_text.gif

There are less fighters than ufc 4 but like everything else.they made a couple fighters so weird.aljo looks like manel kape lol

They removed like 8 submissions that were in UFC 4. You can only perform Armbar,Kimura,Triangle,Darce and Heel Hooks. No Americana, Anaconda, Peruvian Necktie, Japanese Necktie, Windshield, North South Choke, Omoplata and Gogoplata. All of these were in previous game. And the game's motto is ''As real as it gets''. Yeah, fuck off. And not even mentioning the same fucking roster as UFC 4. No new fighters at all. 3 years for this absolute trash.

They removed like 8 submissions that were in UFC 4. You can only perform Armbar,Kimura,Triangle,Darce and Heel Hooks. No Americana, Anaconda, Peruvian Necktie, Japanese Necktie, Windshield, North South Choke, Omoplata and Gogoplata. All of these were in previous game. And the game's motto is ''As real as it gets''. Yeah, fuck off.
I hate when the next game removes a bunch of stuff that was in the previous game. Like...why? As time goes on technology gets better so there's no reasonable excuse why they have to remove all of this stuff.

I hate when the next game removes a bunch of stuff that was in the previous game. Like...why? As time goes on technology gets better so there's no reasonable excuse why they have to remove all of this stuff.
Their explanation is that they had to fully capture new animations and exchanges for the new submission system that is Transition Based Submissions so some subs did get lost in that. They are looking to add them back by updates but i am not holding my breath.

EA Fight Night Round 2 (PS2) is the best hand to hand game. Seriously. You are wasting your time if you are playing any of this new age bullshit.

Back